Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Alpine amp won't power up, blue light goes on momentarily and goes off!

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

Alpine amp won't power up, blue light goes on momentarily and goes off!

• I am trying to hook up my Alpine MRV 340 amp that I bought about 2 years ago. I just got a new car and I just got done running the amp wires and everything, now it won't power up! When I touch the remote turn on wire to the terminal (ground and power are already hooked up) the blue light indicating that the amp is on will go on for maybe a second at the most and then go off. If I wait at least a minute or so and retouch the turn on wire to the terminal, it will do the same thing. If I don't wait a minute before touching the wire to the terminal, nothing happens. I am getting good voltage at the power terminal, so I think that the power supply is good. (Using a voltmeter, touching to the power and ground terminals on the amp) Could it be that my ground isn't good? I can't think of what else it could be! ANY help is much appreciated, this sucks because it took forever to run all of the wires and now the **** amp won't turn on!
  • I'll answer my own post, it was a bad ground! I had used a screw that was already there from the factory at first, when I drilled my own and made sure that the paint was gone, the amp now powers up fine.