Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Kicker 352xi amplifier

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

Kicker 352xi amplifier

This question is answered

its a 2 channel amp, but past that i don't know anything about it.

does anyone know the specs on this amp? 

my friend gave it to me and i need to know the RMS to see if i can power some subs with it. 

please help :(

Verified Answer
  • Kicker doesn't have that amp model listed on its site, but i suspect it is the 2 channel version of the 354xi Impulse amp.  The specs for the 4 channel are 50 x 4 @ 4ohms, and 140 x 2 bridged 4 ohm.  So you most likely have 2 x 50 or 140 watts bridged. 

• http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=1022

Confirmed on AmpGuts - note that those are Kicker rated specs, so it probably does a bit more in reality.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • Kicker doesn't have that amp model listed on its site, but i suspect it is the 2 channel version of the 354xi Impulse amp.  The specs for the 4 channel are 50 x 4 @ 4ohms, and 140 x 2 bridged 4 ohm.  So you most likely have 2 x 50 or 140 watts bridged. 

• http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=1022

Confirmed on AmpGuts - note that those are Kicker rated specs, so it probably does a bit more in reality.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Ah yeah I remember these little badboys from way back in the day.  This an older 90s Impulse series amp if I'm not mistaken.  A friend of mine back then used to have one with an Image Dynamics 12" sub.  Man that thing was loud in his little hatchback.  I remember being quite shocked when he told me it was the "cheapest Kicker amp" driving it, and then looking into the trunk and seeing the little 352xi.

Unlike most of the CEA-rated amps of today, these things were fairly underrated.  Don't let the 35Wx2 make you think it's a "weak" amp.  First the input voltage... That was the 12.5V rating; the 14.4V rating would have been 50Wx2 into 4 Ohms.  Then for the underrating...On the birthsheet most of these guys would have done around 70Wx2 into 4 Ohms I would imagine, ~100Wx2 or more into 2-Ohms and therefore around 200Wx1 into 4 Ohms bridged.

It's not the most powerful amp of course, especially not by today's standards of driving your subs with like 1000W per; but, it definitely packs a punch.  This thing and some similar amps (Soundstream's "Lil Wonder" comes to mind) were surprisingly powerful back in the day.  When you saw them, some might have laughed but when they heard them, that shut them up pretty quick LOL.