Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

amp turns on but no sound?

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

amp turns on but no sound?

This question is answered

okay. so ive got an alpine type r 12" and an alpine mrp-m500 amp that i bought used off of ebay. the sub is brand new, the amp was rather questionable since it was missing a cover piece and the terminal for the battery cable appeared to be a little bit burnt. i made sure everything was hooked up correctly however im not entirely posetive i had the RCA cables hooked up correctly, on the back of my Head unit there were 3 spots for them that were called "audio out rear" "audio out front" and "bus audio in"  im not sure which one was the correct one so i went with "bus audio in" (is this the slots that i want to have my RCA cables hooked to?) because when i tried the others, it was like i could hear my alternator charging up through my speakers, it was very odd. aside from that everything was hooked up perfectly, i had a ground wire that wasnt connected to the amp all the greatest but i mean it was pretty in there, i unhooked it and the amp powered down so i know the ground was alright as well. ive checked all fuses and they are all fine and i checked the settings on my head unit and the gain knob etc. on my amp that didnt make a diffirence either, and its not like im getting weak bass im getting no bass whatsoever. i even tried to hook up a normal speaker to the amp and it didnt even make that move. so i dont really know what to do everything seems to be proper, im wondering if maybe the amp is just toast? any input is greatly appreciated, thanks alot for dealing with this long rant :)

Verified Answer
  • nevermind, i got it figured out, without the help of the likes of any of you obviously.

All Replies
  • nevermind, i got it figured out, without the help of the likes of any of you obviously.

• well tiger and others do as much as they can as they prolly have like 100 posts a day. im guess what u had ur rcas wrong? what was the deal if u dont mind me asking? and tiger or someone would have gotten here sooner or later they just get busy sometimes they get busy but there good about the information they give thats forsure..

Alpine CDA-9825, pioneer 5 1/4s, Kenwood 6by9s KFC-6909S, 2 12in Mtx terminators TNP212D, Mtx terminator amp TN250/1, Jvc 2 channel amp KS-AX3002, Jvc 2 channel KS-AX4302, 1 sound led reactive light