Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Good Speakers with Really Good Bass

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

Good Speakers with Really Good Bass

• I have gone through numerous sets of speakers for my 1993 nissan d21 pickup. Due to its such a small truck there is no way i can fit subs and an amp into the rear because it is not a extended cab.  I have a really good alpine stereo ($400.00) at the time and i can not seem to find any set of speaker no matter the price.  I need help finding a speaker or help on how to them have great bass because i listen to rap and really want it.  So if anybody know a good way to get loud bass with some speakers tell me.
  • Basically, if you want loud bass, you are going to want to amp the speakers (or add a powered sub under the seat).  I would think you could fit an amp under the seat or maybe even behind the dash if you had to.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• when i say there is no room there is literally no room. There is less than an inch under the seat and behind the seat there is 4 inches at the bottom and about a half inch about a foot from that.  So what would you recommend for a speaker-amp combo. For right now the peak volume is 35 and when i get to about 18 every speaker starts to get distorted and was wondering if i put a amp would it still get distorted or would i actually get the bass i want?
  • That sounds like the head unit amp is distorting, although Alpine is usually pretty good about that.

Questions:

How much money are you willing to put into this?

How much modification are you willing to do to the truck?

What is the configuration of the truck and what speakers are in it now and what have you tried with it?

CF shows "With carpeted door pockets" "With non-carpeted door pockets" "Without door pockets, with door grilles" or "Without door pockets or grilles".

I took a guess and it shows 4-inch speakers in the doors and 5.25-inch behind the seats, which won't get you great bass, especially for rap.

You could also think outside the box a bit - i.e. you could probably mount some 6.5's or 6x9's in kick panel boxes (but you might have to fabricate them).  I haven't heard of anyone actually trying it, but I'd think you could mount the amp under the hood and run the speaker wires and remote wires into the cab from it.

Thanks!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• What ever you do don't place an amp under the hood. I'm guessing your tall if your seat is all the way back. I'm 6'1" and I once had a reg cab Toyota. I was in the same place you are. If you really want bass you will have to ask your self how much leg room can I give up and still be comfortable? I was able to move my seat foward a couple of clicks and put two wedged shaped truck boxes with 8" subs. Now you might be saying 8s are too small to do any good. Let me tell you in that small of a cab it sounded like dual 10s most people said I was lying when I said I had 8s. Try running 300-400w rms. As for where to put the amp you could mount it on the back wall between the subs. Another possible alternative amp location is under the seat.You can try raising your seat 1" just place 1" steel spacers where the seat is mounted you'll have to get longer mounting bolts.

05 Silverado xtra cab, Eclipse 3200 HU, MTX 150/2 bluethunder frt., MTX 75/2 bluethunder rear, MTX 800/1 subs, Alpine SPX 6.5 seperates frt& rear, 2-12" Infinity reference subs in down firing sealed box, 2 farad cap, copius dynamat.

• RBL:
    What ever you do don't place an amp under the hood.

Would a marine amp work like this - or not?

• It is more of a heat issue than anything. Also the alternator puts out lots of noise.

05 Silverado xtra cab, Eclipse 3200 HU, MTX 150/2 bluethunder frt., MTX 75/2 bluethunder rear, MTX 800/1 subs, Alpine SPX 6.5 seperates frt& rear, 2-12" Infinity reference subs in down firing sealed box, 2 farad cap, copius dynamat.

• For my truck the website says I have 4" in the back for the  front and something in the back but i really only have two spots in the front, on the door, and they are 6 1/2 inches.  I thought about putting two 8" low mount kickers in the back and think it would have worked but now a days i dont have enough time to make a box that would fit due to it was such a detailed box. 

"'

'''''''''

• By the way the stereo i have in my truck is an alpine CDA-9887 if that helps with any further advise tips for some good speakers.

• Thanks RBL - that makes sense to me.

Nanthem - 6.5-inch speakers will sound decent with an amp on them - not the pound you in the chest bass of a true sub, but plenty for listening.

Hope This Helps!!!