Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

2001 Dodge Dakota Sport Quad Cab W/Infinity System

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

2001 Dodge Dakota Sport Quad Cab W/Infinity System

• I have a facotry Infinity system in my Truck but can find no reference to an Infinity Amplifier with the factory system. I want to replace the Head Unity but not the speakers (for this first round) and am wondering based on others frustrations if I should be worried or concerned about it?

How do I figure out if it has an Infinity Amp somewhere? and if I should be worreid about it?

Hope to put in a new Head Unit soon!

Mike

• According to CF's wiring info, the amp should be behind the passenger side kick panel.

You MIGHT need a different wire harness adapter with the Infinity system, but I am not sure of that.  Other than that you shouldn't have any problems though.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• That wiring information was great (on a side note, how does a person find it without your great link?)

My main question is though can I run another brand head unit through my Infinity Amp?  Is it "Line Level Out" on the new HU or is it Speaker Level out?

If I go direct to the Infinity Speakers are they running the same ohms required by a new HU?

(Only worried from stories of bad sound on the net with the Dodge Infinity systems if you don't replace the whole thing.)

Thanks!

Mike

• DakotaQuadMN:
    That wiring information was great (on a side note, how does a person find it without your great link?)

It's been posted in the forum before, but the general link is here, and from there you can drill down to vehicle-specific, etc.

My main question is though can I run another brand head unit through my Infinity Amp?  Is it "Line Level Out" on the new HU or is it Speaker Level out?

If I go direct to the Infinity Speakers are they running the same ohms required by a new HU?

(Only worried from stories of bad sound on the net with the Dodge Infinity systems if you don't replace the whole thing.)

This is only for your vehicle, and also a bit of guesswork on my part (I looked up a 2003 Dodge with Infinity, and it listed a bypass harness or a $150 adapter to keep the amp, so it has a different system from the 2001).

CF says you can use the Infinity amp and doesn't list a special harness.  If you can find RCA's on the amp, I would use them, but I doubt you will and I think you will be using the speaker-level inputs.  You could/should measure the impedance (resistance) of the stock speakers with a DMM and if they are 4-ohm, you could wire them directly.  The HU internal amp is probably more powerful than the Infinity, but you could try it both ways.

If you buy from CF, their tech support has access to more info than I do, so they could help you more.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs