Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Alpine CDA-9884 and CDA-9886 AUX port?

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

Alpine CDA-9884 and CDA-9886 AUX port?

This question is answered

Hello everyone. I currently have an Alpine CDA-9884 radio (which might be getting upgraded to CDA-9886) and had a question about the AUX input. I currently have my ipod connected to the radio via connecting cable and just recently purchased a plug and play satellite radio. The manual says there is an AUX input but I don't see it. Is the ipod cable connected to the AUX input? The reason I ask is because the satellite radio cable with an AUX cable, but it looks like it plugs into a small circle port (like a headphone port on the computer.) and I'm not finding it.

I also read that the CDA-9886 has an AUX port, but viewing pictures online, I don't see the AUX port.

Please Help! I'm confused. Thanks.

Verified Answer
  • @Trels - Both radios have an OPTIONAL aux input.  You need an adapter to use it.  Also, the adapter seems to be either female RCA's or a male mini-jack, so you probably need an adapter to connect the male Sirius mini-jack plug to it.

@zdub2004 - You could listen to the iPod with the AUX input, but to control or charge it, you would want an iPod cable.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • i have an alpine head unit and it has an aux port. its on the back of the head unit.. i myself would like to know if i could hook an ipod to it or what its for. but yeah its on the back of the head unit i believe.. im sure someone will come along and answer this ? we have.. just might have to wait till tiger gets on or someone..

Alpine CDA-9825, pioneer 5 1/4s, Kenwood 6by9s KFC-6909S, 2 12in Mtx terminators TNP212D, Mtx terminator amp TN250/1, Jvc 2 channel amp KS-AX3002, Jvc 2 channel KS-AX4302, 1 sound led reactive light

• @Trels - Both radios have an OPTIONAL aux input.  You need an adapter to use it.  Also, the adapter seems to be either female RCA's or a male mini-jack, so you probably need an adapter to connect the male Sirius mini-jack plug to it.

@zdub2004 - You could listen to the iPod with the AUX input, but to control or charge it, you would want an iPod cable.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs