Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Alpine TDA-7554 CD Changer and Auxilary Sources not working

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

Alpine TDA-7554 CD Changer and Auxilary Sources not working

• Hello,  I have an Alpine TDA-7554 installed in my jeep wrangler.  It came with the Jeep when I bought it.  It has been working great up until the past week or so.  I listen to the radio a lot, so I'm not sure exactly when the problem started.  The issue is that the unit no longer changes to the cd source.  Before, whenever I would press the source button, it would cycle between the radio, tape, aux, and cd.  Now it only goes through the radio and tape.  I checked the wires and they seem to be fine.  The cd changer powers on and off when the radio is on.  I even tried taking the power out of the unit and putting it back in, as well as changing the fuse.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

[edited by: J P at 6:37 PM (GMT -5) on Tue, Jul 27 2010] Changed to discussion.
  • Have you tried resetting the head unit? Sometimes they will lose communication and this will let everything start talking again.

Shawn

• Can you explain the process of resetting the unit please?  I already tried unplugging everything and taking the fuse out.  Thanks a lot for your help.

• Nevermind, I found an owner's manual online.  I did reset it, but still the same problem. 

• On many Alpine stereos, you have to enable the AUX Input source in the "settings" menu. If the radio was disconnected from power before you started having issues, the option may have been reset to the factory default: "OFF". I would try accessing the menu settings to see if you can turn the Aux input "ON".

Unfortunately, this doesn't solve the CD changer issue. You may want to be sure the changer cable is securley connected on both ends, and if you continue to have problems, I would contact Alpine Tech support to help diagnose the problem and set up a repair if required. You can reach their customer support by dialing 1.800.257.4631.

HTH!

Anyone else have a good recommendation?

www.crutchfield.com/Ryan

• Thanks for your advice.  I have just bought a new stereo. 

http://outlet.crutchfield.com/p_070XR4110/Dual-XR4110.html?search=XR4110&tp=5684

<Mod Edit: linked to Crutchfield. Please link to manufacturer's website or to Crutchfield's website. Thanks.>

It was the cheapest available and works great.  It has an aux input, sd card input, and usb input.  Unfortunately it is not compatible with my cd changer, but I have an iphone, so things worked out pretty great.  I drive a jeep wrangler and normally can not hear anyone on the phone while using a bluetooth headset.  Now all my calls go through my stereo speakers.

Thanks to everyone that tried to help me.  If anyone does know the solution to the problem please let me know.  I am planning to sell the Alpine head unit and cd changer on Ebay and would like to get it working properly.  I tried resetting it by holding the reset button, all of the cables are connected properly, the changer is getting powered, there is no disc stuck in the changer, and the correct settings for the head unit are set (there are switches on the unit).

[edited by: J P at 6:36 PM (GMT -5) on Tue, Jul 27 2010]