Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Bose sound system in 2001 Infiniti I-30. Replacement Head Unit?

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

Bose sound system in 2001 Infiniti I-30. Replacement Head Unit?

This question is answered

Have a 2001 Infiniti I-30 with Bose sound system. Head Unit needs to be replaced due to an "error" in the cd player. Is there an aftermarket stereo that is compatible with this system? If not, any suggestions are welcome.

Verified Answer
  • I have a 2003 Maxima with Bose.  Probably a similar setup.  I found that you need a head unit with high preamp output (probably 5 volts or more) for the Bose to get up to peak volume.  Unfortunately, I purchased a 2 volt unit and the preamp power was not high enough for the Bose system to work right.  What I did was purchase the adapter from Crutchfield that uses the speaker output.  It has volume adjustments to tune to just the right volume before breaking up.  My head unit also has a sub channel and I ran wires to a 10 inch amplified subwoofer in my trunk and the result is awesome.  The original Bose sytem works with a deep bottom end.

All Replies
  • Crutchfield will include a free wiring adaptor with your reciever purchase. Most single-din recievers will fit with minor trim modification.

GLH Geeked

• I have a 2003 Maxima with Bose.  Probably a similar setup.  I found that you need a head unit with high preamp output (probably 5 volts or more) for the Bose to get up to peak volume.  Unfortunately, I purchased a 2 volt unit and the preamp power was not high enough for the Bose system to work right.  What I did was purchase the adapter from Crutchfield that uses the speaker output.  It has volume adjustments to tune to just the right volume before breaking up.  My head unit also has a sub channel and I ran wires to a 10 inch amplified subwoofer in my trunk and the result is awesome.  The original Bose sytem works with a deep bottom end.