Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

RDS on Clarion NZ500?

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

RDS on Clarion NZ500?

This question is answered

I recently upgraded from my factory HU to the Clarion NZ500. So far, I love it. One thing I noticed, however, is that it doesn't have built-in RDS. Is there some tweak or hack to get RDS to display? I know the stations in Houston have it so that won't be an issue.

Thanks

Verified Answer
  • Generally, RDS is a built-in feature of certain HU's - either the HU has it or it does not, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why (I've seen really inexpensive HU's with it (under $100) and over $1500 HU's without it).

Anyway, the NZ500 does not have it from what I can tell.

There MIGHT be a hack to get it to display, but it would certainly void any warranty to incorporate it, but I don't know of one either.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • Generally, RDS is a built-in feature of certain HU's - either the HU has it or it does not, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why (I've seen really inexpensive HU's with it (under $100) and over $1500 HU's without it).

Anyway, the NZ500 does not have it from what I can tell.

There MIGHT be a hack to get it to display, but it would certainly void any warranty to incorporate it, but I don't know of one either.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Since you are in Houston, I would think a lot of those radio stations broadcast HD Radio. A feature of HD radio is that you get the song information with it like RDS gives. You could try adding the Clarion THD-400 HD Radio tuner and see if that works.

http://www.crutchfield.com/bio/Paul