Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Software Update for Kenwood DNX6980?

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

Software Update for Kenwood DNX6980?

This question is answered

I know this has been talked about before but I'm having a hard time finding info at the moment.  I just installed the subject head unit yesterday.  As with many users, I'm experiencing EXTREME sluggishness with the unit.  What can I do to fix this?

Verified Answer
  • I have performed the update and reset the unit.  It did help a little bit.  I'm happy with the unit as is, although it's still quite slow for the money.  When I paid $1k for a unit plus accessories, I expected something better.  The main sluggishness comes when operating and IPod.  When I switch from song to song in shuffle mode, it sometimes can take 4 or 5 seconds to register, which is quite frustrating at times.  I'm good with it for now though.

All Replies
  • I checked on Kenwood's website and they have an update that was released on September 16th that improved the GPS operation. If that is the reason for the sluggishness, then that may fix the speed. Have you done this update?

Anyone know if this update helps the navigation receivers run faster?

http://www.crutchfield.com/bio/Paul

• I have performed the update and reset the unit.  It did help a little bit.  I'm happy with the unit as is, although it's still quite slow for the money.  When I paid $1k for a unit plus accessories, I expected something better.  The main sluggishness comes when operating and IPod.  When I switch from song to song in shuffle mode, it sometimes can take 4 or 5 seconds to register, which is quite frustrating at times.  I'm good with it for now though.