Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

How do you remove the radio in a 2003 PT Cruiser to install a new one?

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

How do you remove the radio in a 2003 PT Cruiser to install a new one?

This question is answered

I have been thinking of ordering a new radio from Crutchfield to install in my 2003 PT Cruiser.

I know I can get all the hardware from them, but I am trying to figure out how easy (or hard) getting at the old radio is.

I don't see any screws on my console, so I am assuming I have to pry everything off and reassemble it by snapping it back together?

Verified Answer
  • Correct, your bezel is held in place with retaining clips that snap into the dash. You'll likely have to use a flat head screwdriver or something to help pry out the bezel. You can wrap some cloth around a screwdriver so as not to mare the bezel too badly and if careful enough, not at all.  You'll probably have to work your way around the outside edge of the bezel to get it loose all the way around before it'll pop off easily enough. After removing it you should see the screws that hold your factory HU in place.

All Replies
  • Correct, your bezel is held in place with retaining clips that snap into the dash. You'll likely have to use a flat head screwdriver or something to help pry out the bezel. You can wrap some cloth around a screwdriver so as not to mare the bezel too badly and if careful enough, not at all.  You'll probably have to work your way around the outside edge of the bezel to get it loose all the way around before it'll pop off easily enough. After removing it you should see the screws that hold your factory HU in place.

• Thanks for the tip.

This was helpful.

• You're welcome.

Let us know how things go, and if you ever need more assistance don't hesitate to come back.

• http://www.metraonline.com/files/products/INST99-6504_web.pdf - Page 1.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• The install was a breeze.

After wiring the radio to the harness, the radio was in the car in minutes.

Crutchfield is the best!

• Glad to hear it.