60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

how to wire 2 ohm and 4 ohm

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

how to wire 2 ohm and 4 ohm

• i have 2 kicker cvr 12s

one is dvc 2 ohm and other is dvc 4ohm.

how would i wire these to get the most beneficial power without blowing anything

98 Ford Explorer all black. 5% tint, 10000k HID lights, 22" blades, panasonic cq-7103u stereo, DB Drive 80.4 amp, two infinity reference 6by9, kenwood 6by9, horn speaker, Memphis MCD-1500, 2 15inch Diamond Audio D6's. PURPLE IN THE STYROFOAM ALL DAY

• Sell one of them and get a duplicate of the other, or:

Run each one off it's own amp.

Essentially, you are in the same situation as this thread.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• hmm dang.

well i have another 2 channel amp.

would i wire the 4 ohm sub to 2 ohm then hook it to one channe.

then wire the 2 ohm sub to 4ohm then hook it to the other channel

98 Ford Explorer all black. 5% tint, 10000k HID lights, 22" blades, panasonic cq-7103u stereo, DB Drive 80.4 amp, two infinity reference 6by9, kenwood 6by9, horn speaker, Memphis MCD-1500, 2 15inch Diamond Audio D6's. PURPLE IN THE STYROFOAM ALL DAY

• If you have only one 2-channel amp, then yes, you can do that, but depending on the amp, you will likely be sending 300W RMS to one of the subs and 200W to the other sub and you can't set the gain between channels separately, so the DVC-4-ohm sub is always going to hit harder/be louder.

If you have two 2-channel amps, then you probably would want to bridge the amps and run the DVC-4-ohm sub at 8-ohms and the DVC-2-ohm sub at 4-ohms, but it depends on what your amps can handle.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs