Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Rockford Fosgate Power T2 or JL Audio 12W7

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

Rockford Fosgate Power T2 or JL Audio 12W7

• So i decided to get rid of my 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch P2D412s and move on up to a more godly subwoofer. Smile I'm undecided about which one to get, I've heard very good things about JL audio and their W7 lineup, but also Rockford Fosgate has a good reputation about their subs (plus i used their subs before), so I'm split on which one to get.

Id like to get decent balance of Sound quality and SPL, and aiming to put the sub in a ported box. I'd just like to see what are people's opinion about these subs, i havent been able to hear them so I couldn't make my decision based upon that.

• Sounds like you are off to a nice start on upgrading your system. The good news here is that I'm sure you will be pleased whichever route you go here. Personlly, I love the JL Audio subs. I think they handle power extremely well and the distortion levels are normally very good. In my time here, I can honestly say that JL has had the best sub demo that I have seen.

That being said, the Rockfords will perform well also. In my experience, it seems like good sound quality is in the ear of the beholder so to speak. in other words, if you liked the sound of your original Rockford subs, then you will like the upgraded Rockfords as well. I think either of these subs would sound great in a ported box.

Just thought I would throw in my two cents.

• thanks for your 2 cents, im just trying to get some opinions about each sub from the community. If you guys have any other subs you could recommend me I'd like to hear them!