Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Wiring 4 DVC 4 ohm to a monoblock

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

Wiring 4 DVC 4 ohm to a monoblock

This question is answered

I have a monoblock amp but this amp has 2 negative terminals and 2 positive terminals.

How do i wire these 4 subs to be at 2 ohms.

At first i had them wired internally in the enclsoures parrellel ( wire from positive terminal cup to the positive terminal on sub then chain to other positive on sub, for both positive and negative) then ran a wire from each port to the amp so each negative terminal gets 2 negative wires each and each positive terminal gets 2 positive wire each. It sounded good like this it was nice and loud but i noticied when it hit tooo hard the went in protection mode for a little then kciekd back on.

But when i wired it each sub in box at 8 ohm (linking pos and neg on sub, then wire from terminal cup port to positive and negative to the pos and neg on sub. then ran wire from each cup to amp. i barely got any sound coming from the subs at all.

how do i wire all 4 subs so that it will be wired at 2 ohms

98 Ford Explorer all black. 5% tint, 10000k HID lights, 22" blades, panasonic cq-7103u stereo, DB Drive 80.4 amp, two infinity reference 6by9, kenwood 6by9, horn speaker, Memphis MCD-1500, 2 15inch Diamond Audio D6's. PURPLE IN THE STYROFOAM ALL DAY

Verified Answer
  • Four 4 ohm DVC Speakers = 2 ohm load

Just use one of the power and one of the ground terminals (unless it needs more current than 4-AWG can supply and you can't fit a larger wire in there - in which case you would use both of them).

Two 4-AWG remote terminals is just plain silly, but whatever.

At first you said you have each box at 1-ohm, which when connected to separate amp terminals results in 0.5-ohms at the amp.

Later you said you had each sub at 8-ohms which results in 4-ohms at each box, which would be 2-ohms at the amp.

You want it like above - however you choose to get there.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • ok my amp just came in .

it is a monoblock

but it has 2power terminals and 2 ground terminals and 2 rem terminal all at 4 awg

would i need another distribution block that has 3 outputs? one for this amp and one for my 4channel amp

it also has for the speaker outputs 2 negatvies and 2 positives. how would i wire four 4dvc subs to this. should i run 2 subs at 1ohm to each pos and neg . so then at the end i would have it at 2 ohms but each negative and postive will have 2 subs??

98 Ford Explorer all black. 5% tint, 10000k HID lights, 22" blades, panasonic cq-7103u stereo, DB Drive 80.4 amp, two infinity reference 6by9, kenwood 6by9, horn speaker, Memphis MCD-1500, 2 15inch Diamond Audio D6's. PURPLE IN THE STYROFOAM ALL DAY

• Those terminals are internally bridged. They only do that to make it easier to hook multiple wires up to it.

If you run a 1ohm load to each set of speaker terminals, you will be running the amp at 1/2ohm.

• so what does that mean i need to do?

so it would be ok if i put one power wire and one ground??

and idk how it is exactly. this is what it wired like

each DVC4ohm speaker is wired to a SVC8ohm to the speaker enclosure. then each pair of ports from the enclosures is wired to one neg and one pos terminal on amp. so each neg and pos terminal gets a pos and neg from 2 speakers

• Four 4 ohm DVC Speakers = 2 ohm load

Just use one of the power and one of the ground terminals (unless it needs more current than 4-AWG can supply and you can't fit a larger wire in there - in which case you would use both of them).

Two 4-AWG remote terminals is just plain silly, but whatever.

At first you said you have each box at 1-ohm, which when connected to separate amp terminals results in 0.5-ohms at the amp.

Later you said you had each sub at 8-ohms which results in 4-ohms at each box, which would be 2-ohms at the amp.

You want it like above - however you choose to get there.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• waitt.

i did mine different.

i put each speaker in its box with parrelel wiring. then ran a wire from each terminal port to the speaker terminals on amp

• i just noticed i did it wrong.

how many ohms did i wire mine to with the way i said

• You want the voice coils of each sub wired in series for 8-ohms each, and then all four subs wired in parallel for 2-ohms at the amp.

That's what the picture shows and what you said the second time.

If you wired all the voice coils in parallel and all the subs in parallel, you are at 0.5-ohms.  That's what you said the first time.

Hope This Helps!!!

• yea i also noticed the amp shutting off when i play cds loud. but not the radio.

• o and the remote terminals are like 16 awg speaker not power wire size my badlol

• You'd wire them together like this.

However, since your amp has two sets of speaker terminals (wired in parallel internally), then you could wire the subs like this to your amp using both speaker terminals. Ignore that it says 2-channel amp and that the final load is 4 ohms. Yes, both sets of subs present a 4 ohm load, but since both sets are wired in parallel internally on the amp it is viewed as a 2 ohm load.

[edited by: Weigel21 at 4:06 PM (GMT -5) on Sun, Mar 21 2010]
  • could u some how explain how to wire it using te enclosures too.

i have 2 dual 12 inch enclsoures

also, could i run a wire from each port to the amp instead of linking them with wire

[edited by: zoltman at 4:27 PM (GMT -5) on Sun, Mar 21 2010]

• Alright, you'd wire one + to of one voice coil to the - of the other voice coil on each sub and have the other + and - to it's corresponding speaker terminal inside the enclosure. Then after all the subs are wired inside their own enclosure (you have four separate enclosures, but only two boxes) to their own speaker terminals on the box you'd just run the +'s on each box to the + on the amp, same thing with the -'s. You can wire two subs to each terminal on the amp, all of them to one speaker terminal on the amp, or 3 and 1, it doesn't matter as the amp will see it as a 2 ohm load.

• thats what it is wired right now to be but it barely pushes them at all.

but the way before where yall told me it was .5ohms pushed them loud but turned off every so and so when it got too loud

• What models are your subs and amp?

• 12 inch hifonics brutus dvc 4 ohm

and power acoustik BAMF 5500