alpine type R wiring diagram helppppp

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

alpine type R wiring diagram helppppp

This question is answered

I have 2 12 Alpine type Rs that are DVC 4ohms and

1 lanzar VCT2230 amp

Can someone please tell me how to wire them to get a 4 ohm load and/or 2 ohm load

I want to try both of them out but am confused because my amp its 2 channels and it can bridge into 1 channel

So can I wire them at 4 ohms with both channels, 2 ohms with both channels, 4 ohms bridged, and/or 2 ohms bridged?!

Which one would work the best?!

Verified Answer
  • nick21591
    Can someone please tell me how to wire them to get a 4 ohm load and/or 2 ohm load

You can't.

nick21591
    So can I wire them at 4 ohms with both channels, 2 ohms with both channels, 4 ohms bridged, and/or 2 ohms bridged?!

No you can't.

The amp would only work with 4-ohms on both channels (stereo), 2-ohms stereo, or 4-ohms bridged.

However, you can only wire the subs at 4-ohms bridged or 2-ohms stereo.

In reality, the output should be the same but 4-ohms bridged would work the best.

nick21591

You're not going to want to hear this, but your amp (Page 10) is supposed to be (might not do this much) 300W RMSx2@2-ohms.  Bridged power at two ohms is not given but would be around 600W.

The amp's about right for one DVC-2-ohm sub, but that isn't what you have.

With two subs, the best connection is bridged at 4-ohms, which should give you 300W RMS per sub or 60% of RMS (CF recommends at least 70% - but that shouldn't do too bad).

Wire them like this:

Two 4 ohm DVC Speakers = 4 ohm load

You could also wire them at 2-ohms - one per channel like this:

One 4 ohm DVC Speaker = 2 ohm load

It should sound about the same either way, but bridged is preferred b/c the subs will hit at the same time.

Hope This Helps!!!

[edited by: TigerHeli at 10:53 AM (GMT -5) on Mon, Nov 1 2010] typos

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • nick21591

You can't.

nick21591

No you can't.

The amp would only work with 4-ohms on both channels (stereo), 2-ohms stereo, or 4-ohms bridged.

However, you can only wire the subs at 4-ohms bridged or 2-ohms stereo.

In reality, the output should be the same but 4-ohms bridged would work the best.

nick21591

You're not going to want to hear this, but your amp (Page 10) is supposed to be (might not do this much) 300W RMSx2@2-ohms.  Bridged power at two ohms is not given but would be around 600W.

The amp's about right for one DVC-2-ohm sub, but that isn't what you have.

With two subs, the best connection is bridged at 4-ohms, which should give you 300W RMS per sub or 60% of RMS (CF recommends at least 70% - but that shouldn't do too bad).

Wire them like this:

Two 4 ohm DVC Speakers = 4 ohm load

You could also wire them at 2-ohms - one per channel like this:

One 4 ohm DVC Speaker = 2 ohm load

It should sound about the same either way, but bridged is preferred b/c the subs will hit at the same time.

Hope This Helps!!!

[edited by: TigerHeli at 10:53 AM (GMT -5) on Mon, Nov 1 2010] typos

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• ok and does that mean I should just run my speakers wires out of one side of the box? to do the 4 ohm bridged?

• nevermind I just ran both positives to the positive on the amp for it to be bridged and vice versa for the negatives...

my next question is I want to wire it down to 1 ohm and I found out the wiring for that but I was wondering how much rms should I run to them? there rated at 500 rms and 1500 peak, so I need something at least 1000rms, but does the peak power matter?

• oh yeah and another thing too

when I look for an amp and its says 1000 watt rms x 1 @ 1 ohm....it means it can still run both of my subs correct?

• 1000-1200W RMS - peak does not matter at all.

Amp suggestion thread.

Amp can power both subs, but you will need to wire the subs and box differently.

Hope This Helps!!!