Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Soundstream tarantula t2-10 10' sub, What amp?

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

Soundstream tarantula t2-10 10' sub, What amp?

This question is answered

I just bought this sub and was looking for a good amp to power the one sub. Heres the specs:

I still have my Alpine MRV-T757 But i dont think that i can run this sub with this amp but hopefully some body can help me out here's the specs for the amp:

MRV-T757 V12

• Max Power (EIAJ) 225Wx2 (4ohm; Stereo) 750Wx1 (Bridged 4ohm;)
• 12V RMS Continuous Power 4ohm; Stereo (0.08% THD) 75Wx2 2ohm; Stereo (0.3% THD) 150x2 Bridged 4ohm; (0.3% THD) 300x1
• 14.4V RMS Continuous Power 4ohm; Stereo (0.08% THD) 100Wx2 2ohm; Stereo (0.3% THD) 200x2 Bridged 4ohm; (0.3% THD) 400x1
• S/N Ratio 105dBA
• Frequency Response 10-50kHz
• 24dB LP/12dB HP Crossover (30-200Hz)
•1-Band Parametric EQ (30-200Hz)
• Subsonic Filter (15Hz)
• Fan Cooled
• Extra Large Gold Plated Terminals with Wire Insert Capability
• Top Panel Power LED
• 4 Volt Input Capability
• Continuously Adjustable Crossovers
• DC Straight, STAR Topology & Duo-B Circuitry
• DC-DC/PWM MOSFET Power Supply

[edited by: 81Ace at 7:14 PM (GMT -5) on Mon, Jun 6 2011]
Verified Answer
  • Info: http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/TARANTULA%20SUBWOOFER/Tarantula%20Woofer%20Manual2003.doc

That subwoofer is DVC-1-ohm, so you are looking for an amp that is about 900W RMS at 2-ohms.  Kenwood KAC-9105D or Alpine MRP-M1000 would be great choices here on Crutchfield.

Hifonics has some models that would work well also.  The HFi1000 is 1000W RMS at 1-ohm and not CEA certified.  I'd probably go with the BRZ1200.1D from Hifonics which is 900W RMS at 2-ohms and about ideal (and 1-ohm stable if you went with other subs later), but the HFi1000 would certainly power the sub adequately if budget were a concern.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • I currently run a Hifonics HFi1000 @ 2ohms. Not the best amp in the world I know, but I have had no trouble at all the past 5months. This amp is also stable at 1ohm and puts out 1000W RMS. Just a suggestion! :) Anyone else?

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Alpine iDA-305SBT w/Imprint; SPR-60C Front; SPR-60 Rear; 2 JL 10w1v2; Alpine PDX-5

• Info: http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/TARANTULA%20SUBWOOFER/Tarantula%20Woofer%20Manual2003.doc

That subwoofer is DVC-1-ohm, so you are looking for an amp that is about 900W RMS at 2-ohms.  Kenwood KAC-9105D or Alpine MRP-M1000 would be great choices here on Crutchfield.

Hifonics has some models that would work well also.  The HFi1000 is 1000W RMS at 1-ohm and not CEA certified.  I'd probably go with the BRZ1200.1D from Hifonics which is 900W RMS at 2-ohms and about ideal (and 1-ohm stable if you went with other subs later), but the HFi1000 would certainly power the sub adequately if budget were a concern.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• I looked up those amps online and found the kenwood kac-9105d <Mod Edit: Removed price discussion. Please refer to our Code of Conduct and price discussion policy. Thanks.> . With the reviews it has received it sounds like the best choice for my needs. I do love alpine but its a little more than i want to spend. But i appreciate all the advice that has been given. now i need a amp kit and capacitor and i think ill be good.

[edited by: TigerHeli at 7:27 AM (GMT -5) on Wed, Jun 8 2011] for about 169.95 new in the box
  • Are you sure ? It's $300 on Crutchfield !

GLH Geeked

• 81Ace
    now i need a amp kit and capacitor and i think ill be good

I'd upgrade your big 3 before buying a capacitor, make sure your set up really needs one first.

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Alpine iDA-305SBT w/Imprint; SPR-60C Front; SPR-60 Rear; 2 JL 10w1v2; Alpine PDX-5

• 100% positive! believe me i checked it and theres no doubt about it. And the shipping is free.

• http://community.crutchfield.com/forums/p/1410/5337.aspx#5337

We can't discuss competitor pricing on this forum, but see the post above.  You might not be buying from an authorized retailer so the warranty will be from the seller and not the manufacturer.  You don't get CF's tech support, you don't get CF's satisfaction guarantee - that might or might not be worth it to you, but ....

Hope This Helps!!!

• I guess i should have read the policies before posting and i do apologize. I havent bought alot from crutchfield but i did buy my first clarion cassette deck from them and would definitly buy from them again. And the main factor is that im on a budget and i thank you all for your help.

• Glad to help - sometimes price is a more important factor than the advantages CF offers - sometimes it is not.

• So i got the kenwood amp, and was wondering if there is a diagram showing how to hook the sub to it ? And would i notice a big diffrence in sound if i went with a  ported 1.6 cubic ft. box even though the sub calls for 1.5 cubic ft.?

[edited by: 81Ace at 9:50 AM (GMT -5) on Sat, Jun 18 2011]
  • What type music do you listen to most ? What type/size vehicle is it going in ? Will it be in the cab or in a trunk ?

I doubt .1 cu. ft. is gonna make any audible difference.

GLH Geeked

• mostly hip hop but also like rock,heavy metal and its going in a subaru wrx sedan. I didnt really think that it would but thought i should ask before i bought a box for the sub.

• Yes, a ported box in the trunk would most likely suit you best. Move it around in the trunk to various positions until you find where it sounds best.

GLH Geeked

• 81Ace
    So i got the kenwood amp, and was wondering if there is a diagram showing how to hook the sub to it ?

One 1 ohm DVC Speaker = 2 ohm load