Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

i need an amp for my 2 jl audio 12W0

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

i need an amp for my 2 jl audio 12W0

• I have 2 jl audio 12w0's in a jl audio powerwedge sealed box. I have no idea what kind of amp I should buy. The powerwedge box i have the subs in is single ported. I know that my 2 12W0's have a 125watt rms, a single voice coil, and are both 4 ohms. I need some suggestions because i dont know how to pick out an amp. I would like an amp that is name brand and have it be some where in the $200 and under price range. Can some one help me find the best amp for my 12w0's that is under $200.

-Rob
  • depends on how they are wired inside

to make 100% sure have someone check it with a multi meter, an installer would have one, so does walmart

if its at 8ohms series, you need 250w @ 8ohms

if its 2 ohms paralell, you need 250w @ 2ohms (which is a much cheaper amp)

if they are wired seperately, you need 125w x2 @ 4ohms, or you have the additional bonus of wiring them in the 2 ways above

[edited by: Jesse James at 2:35 PM (GMT -5) on Thu, Jan 10 2008]

Alpine 9855 XD400/4

TypeR Comps Franken Rears 

0 Gauge 1000/1v2 TypeR12 2.3ft 32Hz

Photobucket

• Like Jesse said - Here are some amps that could work.  Best sound/value is probably the Clarion APX-1300, just keep the gains way down.  Best match for the money is probably the first two Blaupunkt's.

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs