Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

I have a 2001 Honda Accord and cant find an Aux Input

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

I have a 2001 Honda Accord and cant find an Aux Input

This question is answered

I have a 2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 and I want to install an aux input.  I have looked around and there seems to be options but not for my stereo.  I have the 6 disc in dash CD changer and all the aux inputs out there only work on Accords with the single CD player.  Are there any options to install an aux input into my stock Honda stereo even though I have the in dash changer?!?!  I do not want to change out the factory stereo just add the aux input.

Verified Answer
  • You don't want to hear it, but your best option would be replacing the factory stereo, which would be about $130 from CF including all the installation accessories.  I imagine you are hung up on the six-disc changer, but if you don't mind ten minutes each to rip your CD's to MP3, you can fit 11 MP3 albums on a single CD-R or about 40 on a $14 2-GB USB flash drive.

The HON-98AUX would work if your radio had the 14-pin changer plug, but it probably doesn't.

If you really want to keep the stock radio, your best option is likely a wired FM modulator like this one.  (This is a wired connection, so it won't have the poor sound quality you may have heard about with wireless transmitters.)

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • You don't want to hear it, but your best option would be replacing the factory stereo, which would be about $130 from CF including all the installation accessories.  I imagine you are hung up on the six-disc changer, but if you don't mind ten minutes each to rip your CD's to MP3, you can fit 11 MP3 albums on a single CD-R or about 40 on a $14 2-GB USB flash drive.

The HON-98AUX would work if your radio had the 14-pin changer plug, but it probably doesn't.

If you really want to keep the stock radio, your best option is likely a wired FM modulator like this one.  (This is a wired connection, so it won't have the poor sound quality you may have heard about with wireless transmitters.)

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• If your car has double din (my Civic does), this should fit. Almost 50% off, but still expensive, nice unit.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130AVHP600/Pioneer-AVH-P6000DVD.html?tp=20217

Yes

GLH Geeked

• That is a really good deal on that Pioneer.  If would be a FANTASTIC deal if it also played MP3's burned to DVD, but it doesn't (but I guess that's asking a lot ...)

Hope This Helps!!!

• I think it does ...

plays MP3/WMA/AAC files recorded on CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs

I might get it for my truck.

Yes

GLH Geeked

• OIC. You say mp3's burned to DVD. Well, that would be OK. How many 256 mbs mp3"s will go on a normal CD? Times that by 6. Problem solved. Plus, you can have USB and AUX input in back, and hook up a Pioneer 12 disc changer !

Gotta try to sneak it past my wife.

Cool

GLH Geeked

• USB is optional (and might make up the difference, depending on capacity), but you somewhat missed my point (or I never made it).

CD's are 700MB

DVD's are 4.7GB.

I have an MP3 player with about 5GB on it - and that's a fairly modest collection compared to some members here.

I could put all my content on six CD-R's and have the same content, but then I have to swap discs out when I want to watch a DVD.  Or I could have TWICE the content on two DVD's and have four additional DVD's loaded for the kids to watch on a rear screen (if it has video outputs) on long trips.

Hope This Helps!!!

• Just speaking for myself, I listen to mostly original artist CD's, so for me it makes no difference. Yes, it does have video output and input, which I would only use for a backup camera. I would also use the ipod adaptor, aux input, and maybe USB sometimes. I have ipod classic 160 GB and 90 GB of 320 bps music from original CD's.

So...you know.

Yes

GLH Geeked