Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

how do you hook up radio in 2001 pontiac grand prix.. plz help////..

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

how do you hook up radio in 2001 pontiac grand prix.. plz help////..

This question is answered

ok.. i have a 2001 pontiac grand prix..
im wonting to hook up an aftermarket radio.. iv bought the wiring harness.(i think gmb02) and i got radio on subs n amp goin.. bu the door and rear speakers wont play..
theres a 2nd plug that i have no way to plug into my radio.. and im guessin the 2nd plug works thoose speakers because i put the other one in and pugged the big plug up n stuff and it came on and everything fine but no sound.... once you plug the 2nd one in u got sound...
so wat the heck do i do??

Verified Answer
  • Okay - we have you covered.

GM02B was the right number - you have the Scosche kit.

Wiring info here - specifically:

² The PK wire is located in the 9-pin plug at the radio. This wire must be connected to the amp remote lead of the new stereo to trigger the Bose amplifier. This connection will be made through the OEM integration adapter, but if an adapter is not being used, the PK wire must be spliced. The Bose amplifier is mounted under the rear deck (between the rear speakers).

So you need to find a pink wire in the 9-pin plug (not the one that the GM02B plugs into) and splice into it and connect it to the remote turn-on wire (usually blue/white stripe) on your new radio and you should be good.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • Does it have Bose?

Does it have OnStar?

GMB02 is not coming up as a valid part number.  What brand and model harness adapter is it?

Thanks!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• yea it has bose and onstar.,,,,

and i wasnt sure if thats the proper model number. just taking a guess.....

and i dont have the packet anymore so not sure what brand it is.. i got it from best buy,

• Okay - we have you covered.

GM02B was the right number - you have the Scosche kit.

Wiring info here - specifically:

² The PK wire is located in the 9-pin plug at the radio. This wire must be connected to the amp remote lead of the new stereo to trigger the Bose amplifier. This connection will be made through the OEM integration adapter, but if an adapter is not being used, the PK wire must be spliced. The Bose amplifier is mounted under the rear deck (between the rear speakers).

So you need to find a pink wire in the 9-pin plug (not the one that the GM02B plugs into) and splice into it and connect it to the remote turn-on wire (usually blue/white stripe) on your new radio and you should be good.

Hope This Helps!!!

• ok im a lil new to all this..

so what exactly does splice mean??????

and does that mean just take the power antenna wire and just put it in the pin were the pink wire goes and boom u got sound????

if so thanks so much iv wired everything ever which way possible and i couldnt fig out crap.. so if  thats right then really thanks...

if wrong plz let me kno......!!!!!!!!!

• sUm WhItE bOy
    and does that mean just take the power antenna wire and just put it in the pin were the pink wire goes and boom u got sound????

Almost, but not exactly.

First off - it might not be the power antenna wire - it's the amp remote wire.  Some aftermarket head units use the same wire for that and the power antenna, but some have separate wires.  If you have separate wires and use the power antenna wire, then you only get sound on AM/FM, not CD's.

Secondly - I wouldn't just stick the wire in the pin.  If you think you might put the OEM radio back in the car, you are best off probably using Scotch-Loks or T-taps to connect the wire.  (You might cut the insulation first so it makes good contact).  If you are pretty sure the OEM radio will never go back, I would cut the pink wire and use Butt Splices or Crimp Caps to connect the HU wire to the end that goes away from the connector.  Cut it a few inches from the harness connector so that you can splice in some extra wire and reconnect it if you ever needed to.

That should do it - let us know!!!