Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

07 Mustang Coupe - Shaker 500 Head Unit Replacement

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

07 Mustang Coupe - Shaker 500 Head Unit Replacement

This question is answered

I'm picking up my 'new' car this week, and I'm going to replace the head unit / speakers if the Shaker system isn't up to par. However, I'm having some problems trying to figure out what I need to replace the head unit.

I've seen sites say that you need a special harness (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127C2RFRD1/PAC-Ford-Radio-Replacement-Interface.html?tp=3486&tab=review#tab) or a regular harness (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120705521/Ford-Receiver-Wire-Harness.html?tp=2977) with a 5V regulator. 

The Shaker system has 3 connectors on the back of it (24, 16, and 8 pin) and the head units and wiring harnesses all seem to only have 2 connectors.

Verified Answer
  • Great question - you might want to verify the answer with someone else, though!!!

Wiring info here.

Well - kinda - it lists the 2005-2006 with the Shaker 500 and the 2007 with the Shaker 1000.

Outfit My Car shows the C2RFRD1 required for CanBus cars, but the wiring data doesn't mention data lines or anything to indicate CanBus (unless that's the third 16-pin plug that also isn't mentioned).

Metra shows the 70-5521 harness working with the regulator as you mentioned.

My gut feeling is either one would work, but the Metra harness is less expensive, so I'd probably run with that.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • Great question - you might want to verify the answer with someone else, though!!!

Wiring info here.

Well - kinda - it lists the 2005-2006 with the Shaker 500 and the 2007 with the Shaker 1000.

Outfit My Car shows the C2RFRD1 required for CanBus cars, but the wiring data doesn't mention data lines or anything to indicate CanBus (unless that's the third 16-pin plug that also isn't mentioned).

Metra shows the 70-5521 harness working with the regulator as you mentioned.

My gut feeling is either one would work, but the Metra harness is less expensive, so I'd probably run with that.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• If that is the Canbus, It shouldn't have a need to install it at all. I'm not getting a big ol' GPS Nav head unit, so it shouldn't really have a reason to connect to the CanBus in the first place. 

[edited by: Idasupaman at 3:40 PM (GMT -5) on Tue, Jun 22 2010]