Kenwood DNX6160 - PAC MS-FRD1 Ford SYNC issue - AV input issue

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

Kenwood DNX6160 - PAC MS-FRD1 Ford SYNC issue - AV input issue

This question is answered

Hi All,

I am installing in a 2008 Ford Edge. Couple of questions-

I've converted the FRD1 SYNC audio RCA connectors to a mini stereo plug. When plugged into the front aux input connector, the sound is find. When plugged into the rear av input, the sound is muffled. This is the input paired with a video in and can accept the iPod adapter cable. What is different about its audio input??? I'd rather connect my SYNC audio on the rear of the HU and not have the cable out around to the front input jack.

According to page 2 of the FRD1 instructions, you can press & hold the 'media' button on the steering wheel to change between SYNC & non-SYNC modes, and in the SYNC mode use the other side of that rocker switch to cycle through the inputs. MIne does not do this, pushing the media button for any length of time brings up the SYNC voice prompt.

Any ideas? thanks!

Verified Answer
  • As far as controls go, this should all be "plug and play". Unless there's a loose pin on one of the plugs or a wire fell out, I have no good answer as to why it won't go to idle mode as shown.

Since you also seem to be having audio problems, there is the chance that you have a bad adapter since other sources directly into the receiver sound fine.

If all of the wiring in the plugs looks good, I can only think that we may need to set you up for an exchange for a new adapter and you should call our Tech Support that started.

Shawn

All Replies
  • Update on the audio input problem. I had thought the front panel input sounded OK, but it's also bad with the SYNC audio from the PAC. It's the PAC SYNC audio that's bad; I've connected it to an outboard system and it sounds bad, and I've connected another audio source to both HU inputs, both are good. The SYNC voice sounds fine, but when I play the USB music through its separate connection = bad.

• As far as controls go, this should all be "plug and play". Unless there's a loose pin on one of the plugs or a wire fell out, I have no good answer as to why it won't go to idle mode as shown.

Since you also seem to be having audio problems, there is the chance that you have a bad adapter since other sources directly into the receiver sound fine.

If all of the wiring in the plugs looks good, I can only think that we may need to set you up for an exchange for a new adapter and you should call our Tech Support that started.

Shawn