Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

What is the Metra USB CAB supposed to look like?

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

What is the Metra USB CAB supposed to look like?

This question is answered

Can anybody identify the correct picture of what the business end of the Metra USB-CAB for their Steering Wheel Control (ASWC)  looks like?  I bought one from an on-line store and am not convinced they sent me the right cable.

I'm thinking that because it is really a serial port with a usb connector at one end that my computer should register that some sort of usb device has been plugged in.  This cable I received does not do that.

That was the short story.  The long story is that the unit is already installed and not behaving completely right.  By not right I mean the stereo randomly mutes and changes sources when my hands are nowhere near the stereo or steering wheel controls.  I think Metra's very latest update will fix this.

I plan to have the shop that installed it open up the dashboard for me in order to hook up the cable and update the software.  But before I do that I want to make sure I got the right cable in the first place.  I don1t believe this is it,

Thanks for any help!

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • http://www.metraonline.com/part/USB-CAB

Hope This Helps!!!

You could also contact Metra's technical support.

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Both of these is the correct answer!  Thanks!

The seller of the cable corrected the mistake and sent me the correct cable.  I bought from a reputable seller on Amazon.  The second one looks exactly like the picture above.  I knew right away it was correct because it came with the instruction sheet telling where to get the software and how to install the drivers for the cable.

I also contacted Metra support and asked them about the problem I am having with the ASWC.  They are very responsive!

Yesterday I got the professional who installed everything for me to open up my dashboard again so I could perform the upgrade.  I did the upgrade using my every day Windows 7 laptop.  You just want to make sure you are connected to the internet when you install the software and plug in the cable the first time.  I also made sure to run the installation as admin.  I think Windows had to search for the drivers from the windows update site.