Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

2001 Audi A4 w/ factory BOSE stereo

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

2001 Audi A4 w/ factory BOSE stereo

• I want to upgrade my factory HU to a Double Din DVD/Nav screen but instead of using the internal amp I want to keep using my BOSE amp! My local stereo shop told me I could still use the BOSE speakers but the amp would have to be bypassed! is this true?

And if not what item would I need to buy to alow me to use the amp with a new HU?

And I more thing if anybody knows how to remove the stock Symphony stereo when only three of the four Audi stereo key's will unlock the clips. I think one clip is broken!

Thanks

nater24

• nater24:
    I want to upgrade my factory HU to a Double Din DVD/Nav screen but instead of using the internal amp I want to keep using my BOSE amp! My local stereo shop told me I could still use the BOSE speakers but the amp would have to be bypassed! is this true?

I don't think so. 

And if not what item would I need to buy to alow me to use the amp with a new HU?

You need this harness and maybe these keys and this antenna adapter

And I more thing if anybody knows how to remove the stock Symphony stereo when only three of the four Audi stereo key's will unlock the clips. I think one clip is broken!

This is for a VW, but should be similar. 

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Thank you soo much I think the pictures should help and with a little patience!

Thanks again and when the decks out if it is broken I will be sure to check out Crutchfield for a new deck!

• The shop you went to was wrong in a few respects. The first being that you could replace the head unit and continue to runn stock speakers with teh Symphony System.  Bose designs their systems to run at .2 or .3 omhs so normally in car audio you run 4omhs for door speakers for example.  So by adding a new head unit you would need to replace the factory amp with a anew one along with all of the existing speakers in order to allow them to function properly and not put excess strain on the new amplifer.  I just went through this with my Audi with the same system and its a pain so much so that I haven't done it yet and I have all of the equipment.   Regarding the broken clip I can't say for sure but if it is broken it should be able to slide out when you use the other three keys to pull the deck out.  You have to do all four keys at the same time otherwise the unit wont budge. Make sure you pull up and to the left once they are instered thats the only way to get that radio to budge.  Also the Symphony system has RCA outputs in the back fo the deck the only problem with it is that its stock, and there is not a 12 volt turn on for any aftermarket amps you would want ot run.  I hope that this helped. 

• Tyler,

I'm by no means a Bose/Audi expert, but I believe you have a few things incorrect as well.

First off, I think Bose typically designs for 1-ohm or so, not 0.2 or 0.3, but this depends on the system - some of their systems are 4-ohms, I believe.

Secondly, even if the system is 1-ohm, that only means that you can't BYPASS the factory amp and run the stock speakers off an aftermarket amp or HU.  You can replace the speakers and/or amp together, or you can use adapters like I mentioned previously to retain the stock amp and convert the high-level output from the deck to low-level input that the amp can handle.

Hope This Helps (and let me know if I am incorrect)!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs