Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Kenwood KDC-HD942U with iPhone 3GS

Portables A/V

Portables A/V
Discussions about smartphones, tables, MP3 players, and digital music

Kenwood KDC-HD942U with iPhone 3GS

This question is answered

Recently bought a new iPhone 3GS  and attempted to use it with my HD942U headunit, but I either get a "iPod Error" or "No Music Data" error on the headunit.

Talked to Kenwood support and they stated that it is an issue with Apple firmware and possibly some apps that cause a break in the communication. Anyone else have this issue with this combo?

I have so many apps installed right now that uninstalling them all and installing one at a time is going to take forever for testing purposes.

Verified Answer
  • dizza, I have a friend who is using a 3Gs with the HD942U without any issues at all, so it doesn't appear to be a universal issue at least. I'm really not sure what the validity is in regards to the claim that certain Apps are causing the issue, though it certainly is a plausible idea I suppose. Other than resetting all of the apps, I really can't imagine any other solutions I'm afraid.

www.crutchfield.com/Malcolm
All Replies
  • dizza, I have a friend who is using a 3Gs with the HD942U without any issues at all, so it doesn't appear to be a universal issue at least. I'm really not sure what the validity is in regards to the claim that certain Apps are causing the issue, though it certainly is a plausible idea I suppose. Other than resetting all of the apps, I really can't imagine any other solutions I'm afraid.

www.crutchfield.com/Malcolm