Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

2007 Cobalt front speakers, turn signal clicker, door chime.

Off-Topic

Off-Topic
The place to talk about stuff like music, video games, and movies

2007 Cobalt front speakers, turn signal clicker, door chime.

This question is answered

My left front speaker quit, then the right front speaker quit along with the turn signal/flasher clicker and the door chime. Some people have posted in other forums that they replaced the front speakers and all their identical or nearly identical problems disappeared. So what do these things (clicker, chime, front speakers) share in common? Hard for me to see how a bad speaker can cause they other problems.

Verified Answer
  • I personally don't like the idea, but if you have the OEM radio (or a good aftermarket harness), GM runs the warning chimes and the turn signal clicker through the radio and the front speakers (one less speaker to install in the car).

So yes, if the OEM head unit front channels or the front speakers themselves aren't working, all three systems (audio, chimes, turn signal clicker) and OnStar (if equipped) will be affected.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • I personally don't like the idea, but if you have the OEM radio (or a good aftermarket harness), GM runs the warning chimes and the turn signal clicker through the radio and the front speakers (one less speaker to install in the car).

So yes, if the OEM head unit front channels or the front speakers themselves aren't working, all three systems (audio, chimes, turn signal clicker) and OnStar (if equipped) will be affected.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs