Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Can I use factory Sirius antenna on aftermarket pioneer z2?

Other Products

Other Products
The place to talk about other types of consumer electronics and devices

Can I use factory Sirius antenna on aftermarket pioneer z2?

• Hello I am getting an Pioneer avic z2 nav radion soon and would like to use the factory sirius antenna already installed on the roof of my 2006 ford f-150 .  Is it possible to connect the sirius tuner to the pioneer radio? Also , if I can't use the factory tuner can I at least use the antenna already mounted on the roof? thanks,
  • This is one connection that we do not research. We do not have any information about the connector on the end of the stock Sirius antenna cables. I know that you do not want to cut an antenna cable. So, if the connector is not the same, then you will not be able to use the stock Sirius antenna. The type of connector is called SMB. I would think that the dealer should be able to tell you if the stock Sirius cable ends in an SMB connector.

HTH!

http://www.crutchfield.com/bio/Paul

• Also see: http://community.crutchfield.com/forums/post/11067.aspx

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• yes, torr9055, you can adapt your aftermarket AVIC Z2 headunit's SAT Tuner to the factory Sirius roof mount SAT antenna already present on your Ford truck.

on the F150, the Sirius tuner is located behind the glovebox, in the bottom, front right, below your knees, and this is where your OEM Sirius antenna lead will be plugged into the Sirius tuner, and where you will make your connection.

the antenna lead adapter extension you will need will depend on the mounting location of the SAT tuner you install for the Z2.

what SAT tuner will you be installing with the Z2? the XM unit or Sirius unit? what model #?

you are more than welcome to email me below if you have any further detailed questions.

and thank you TigerHeli for the supplied links. i can assemble adapters for the integration of an OEM roof-mount SAT antenna on any aftermarket SAT tuner for Honda/Acura, Ford, GM/Chevy, Dodge/Chrysler and BMW.

[edited by: brianrwebb at 3:00 PM (GMT -5) on Fri, Sep 28 2007] [edited by: brianrwebb at 8:23 PM (GMT -5) on Thu, Sep 27 2007] [edited by: brianrwebb at 8:23 PM (GMT -5) on Thu, Sep 27 2007]

brianrwebb@ca.rr.com

• Hi and thank you for your help. I am wanting to install a sirius tuner. Do I need a adapter? do you know where to find one? Thanks a lot, Kathy
  • You probably want this tuner.  Contact Brian above for the adapter.

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• yeah, thanks Tiger, i assumed they'd be using the Pioneer SIR-PNR2 unit.

brianrwebb@ca.rr.com

• yes you can. i have the same vehicle. just remove plastic connector at input and plug in.
  • Oh very nice. I like the simple jobs.
  • how much will it cost me for an adapter for avic -z-130bt  for nav and xm connections

• Brian hasn't been active in several years, but for XM, I think you just take the plastic piece off the OEM connector and it will work.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?