60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Samsung DLP lamp keeps going out

TVs & Video Components

TVs & Video Components
Talk about TVs, Blu-ray players, and home theater systems
TVs

Samsung DLP lamp keeps going out

This question is answered

Hey guys, I have a Samsung HL-T5676S. I had puchased this TV used, its about 3 yrs old now, from a friend and have had some problems with the TV. I have already had to replace the lamp about 4 times now. A new lamp doesnt really last long, approximately 4 months or so. I was wondering is this just a problem with the lamps that buy (I hope i just dont have that bad luck at picking companies to buy lamps from) or is there something else that could be wrong with the system to cause the lamp to go out so many times. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Vik

Verified Answer
  • The actual bulb itself is probably made by Phillips. They seem to make bulbs for just about everything. It's then put in a brand specific housing and sold by someone to you.

Do you have a battery backup for power for the TV? If you experience power outages with the same kind of frequency I do, and you don't have one, it may be the fix you need.

If the bulb doesn't get cooled down properly when it's turned off, it can significantly reduce the life expectancy of the bulb. A good battery backup will also help in the case of power spikes which can also cause problems.

Other than this, I think the problem would have to be that you have something wrong with the TV. Maybe it is not doing its job correctly cooling bulbs when you turn it off. It should go through a cool down cycle that usually a minute or so before it turns off completely.

Shawn

All Replies
  • The actual bulb itself is probably made by Phillips. They seem to make bulbs for just about everything. It's then put in a brand specific housing and sold by someone to you.

Do you have a battery backup for power for the TV? If you experience power outages with the same kind of frequency I do, and you don't have one, it may be the fix you need.

If the bulb doesn't get cooled down properly when it's turned off, it can significantly reduce the life expectancy of the bulb. A good battery backup will also help in the case of power spikes which can also cause problems.

Other than this, I think the problem would have to be that you have something wrong with the TV. Maybe it is not doing its job correctly cooling bulbs when you turn it off. It should go through a cool down cycle that usually a minute or so before it turns off completely.

Shawn

• Is there any way that I can see if the problem is with the TV myself, or would i have to take it in somewhere to get it checked out?