60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

westinghouse 32 inch lcd model sk-32h540s no video

TVs & Video Components

TVs & Video Components
Talk about TVs, Blu-ray players, and home theater systems
TVs

westinghouse 32 inch lcd model sk-32h540s no video

This question is answered

My 2 to 3 year old 32 hdtv was working fine yesterday morning   ,,I turned it off to go to work.  got home and turned it on in the afternoon and the picture would only stay on about 30 seconds and then go to black screen....sound continues to work fine.  any suggestion on what has failed such that I might attempt a fix myself if not too complex or expensive.   I pulled the back cover off and surveyed the Video board on the left side of the unit ..and no obvious bulging or damaged electrolitic capacitors...should I pull the metal cover off the boards and patch panels in the center of the unit and look for more possible failed parts under it??  or am I missing something else on the board labeled Darfon B070-601???  thanks for any advice in advance

Verified Answer
  • thanks for the reply and input Alex. fortunate for me I found my receipt and discovered it was barely out of warranty with Costco and they got me on the line with Westinghouse and Westinghouse admitted that they have a one month grace period on their two year Costco warranty.   it was 15 days out of warranty at failure...I have already gotten my return info. from Westinghouse to send the bad unit back for a replacement refurb.ed unit with a one year warranty.

All Replies
  • I remember correctly the Westinghouse name was sold to a Taiwanese company several years ago and is one of several names applied to the TV's they produce (along with some of the "store branded" names).

I don't think parts are available for these sets. If something breaks they are pretty much throw-aways. Even if you can find the parts, you shouldn't  be fooling around inside a TV if you are not a trained service tech.

RESIma

• thanks for the reply and input Alex. fortunate for me I found my receipt and discovered it was barely out of warranty with Costco and they got me on the line with Westinghouse and Westinghouse admitted that they have a one month grace period on their two year Costco warranty.   it was 15 days out of warranty at failure...I have already gotten my return info. from Westinghouse to send the bad unit back for a replacement refurb.ed unit with a one year warranty.

• Had the same problem.  Bought a Westinghouse 56.04073.011 Power Supply / Backlight Inverter for my Westinghouse SK-32H540S from Shopjimmy for $82-00 (http://www.shopjimmy.com/westinghouse-56-04073-011-power-supply-backlight-inverter.htm).  Pulled the black cover off the TV.  Then I loosened the 6 little screws that holds the board, plus I unplugged the little plugs, screwed the new board in place, reinserted the plugs, closed the back panel, reconnected the TV and WALLAH.... it works perfectly.  It took me all of 10 minutes

• thanks for the tip...fortunately mine was barely still in warranty thru Costco and it cost me 50 dollars to ship it back for a replacement tv from westinghouse