DSLR Storage Solutions

• I have a huge vacation coming up this fall (Disney World) and wanted the ability to pack my camera gear along with some random stuff.  I picked up this Tamrac Pack last week.  I've been very impressed with it so far. 

I'm going on a short 8 mile bike ride this Saturday so I should know a lot more about the pack.  However, I wanted to ask if anyone has another suggestion for storage.  Things they like or don't like? 

Currently working on my MBA program.  I hope to return sometime in December 2010. 

• I really dig that Tamrac Adventure 7 you linked. I have also been a long time fan of the Lowe brand, but have not seen anything from them that was as cohesive as the Adventure 7 offering. Seems like it is perfect for some Disney World action. You can carry along much more than just your camera and attachments than most other options on the market.

I'm a bit of a pack junkie in general. I have all shapes and sizes at my house depending on what I'm going to be doing and what I need to carry along. It would seem a bit excessive if I didn't actually use each different pack as much as I do.

Question on that Adventure 7 for you srothfuss. Have you tried carrying a water bottle in those side mesh pockets? If so, do you happen to know the size bottle you used?

www.crutchfield.com/Malcolm
  • I can get a skinny bottle in the pockets.  Not too sure about a regular 20oz bottle - I'll try tonight and shoot some pictures.

Currently working on my MBA program.  I hope to return sometime in December 2010. 

• As promised... 

No bottle / mesh closeup 

Standard bike water bottle (should be the max it'll hold)

• Edit: I must have uploaded a duplicate picture...  I'll correct it tonight

[edited by: srothfuss at 10:43 AM (GMT -5) on Tue, Jun 26 2007] [edited by: srothfuss at 10:42 AM (GMT -5) on Tue, Jun 26 2007] [edited by: srothfuss at 12:57 PM (GMT -5) on Wed, Jun 20 2007]

• Sweet, looks like I have a bottle that would be perfect for that pack. My wife and I have entertained the idea of a DSLR for many years. We both have some SLR experience (her more so than me as it use to be her main hobby), and I have been playing with the DSLR's around here at CF since they first arrived several years ago. I think it is simply going to have to be this years x-mas present for the household. I'll have to grab up this pack if we can make it happen.
    www.crutchfield.com/Malcolm