Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Canon T2i Or Canon T3i Which one is good ?

Cameras & Camcorders

Cameras & Camcorders
Share photo and video tips, discuss the latest gear and accessories

Canon T2i Or Canon T3i Which one is good ?

This question is answered

I am thinking about buying the Canon Rebel T2i but there are some features that are missing like a stereo microphone and an articulating screen the swings out sideways. My Firend Says that Canon Launch soon T3i . Whats the chance of the Canon Rebel T3i coming out next year, if so should I wait?

Verified Answer
  • maria.smiths
    Whats the chance of the Canon Rebel T3i coming out next year, if so should I wait?

Not understanding the question as I think it's available now.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • maria.smiths
    Whats the chance of the Canon Rebel T3i coming out next year, if so should I wait?

Not understanding the question as I think it's available now.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Yes the T3i has been released with your desired features. We have three different packages for this model on our website here.

HTH!

www.crutchfield.com/Ryan

• maria.smiths -

I've been testing the T3i over the past couple of weeks, and it's a sweet camera. I'm a longtime Canon shooter (starting with their film SLRs, then into digital with the original Digital Rebel and the 40D), and shooting with the T3i has been like getting reacquainted with an old friend. The tilt/swivel screen is very nice, and I found myself using it whenever I put the camera on a tripod.

Another nice thing about the screen - you can rotate it so the screen faces the camera body, protecting it while you walk around. I love that. Good luck with your purchase!

• Just got a T2i  wtih 18-55 and 55-250 lenses but I have to keep switching lenses to take pictures at kids' activities and that gets frustrating.  Have a friend that claims her Fugi HS20EXR is just as good without having to switch lenses.  Got any ideas about that?

• I haven't used an SLR since the days of film cameras, but I would expect the same focal length lenses to work the same way on different camera bodies.

If she switches lenses less often, she might have a more general purpose lens (say 18-200) or perhaps she is less fussy and uses a wider angle lens and then zooms and crops the photos to get the part she is interested in, or doesn't care about a smaller image.

Without directly seeing the output, it is hard to say ...

Hope This Helps!!!

• Tigger,

There is no way in the world that a superzoom camera with a fingernail-sized sensor can keep up with your T2i. The main reason is a matter of physics - you need as much light as you can to get the best photos. Your T2i packs 18 million pixels into an area many times larger than where the the Fuji crams its 16 million pixels. That means that the pixels behind your lenses are much, much bigger, gather more light, and contribute to a higher-quality photo. Imagine if you took everyone from California and put them all in Delaware - that's how much sensor size matters.

But the biggest difference might be the lens itself. In order to make a lens with a 30x zoom range (and keep it small), a lot of optical compromises are made and shortcuts taken. There's a good reason why SLR zooms are usually in the 2X-4X range, and that is image quality. In fact, you'll get the best image quality out of lenses that don't zoom at all.

All that being said, SLR systems are not for everyone. Your friend obviously enjoys her camera, and there is definitely some sort of advantage to being able to zoom in that close. But her camera needs a ton more light than yours does. Yours focuses a lot quicker, too, and you already know how valuable that is when you're chasing kids around.

As for switching lenses, I can relate. I don't love switching them all the time, either. You have a 2-lens kit that covers basically every needed focal length. One lens is for when you'll be close to the action, while the other is for when you'll be farther away. So when you set out to take pictures of your kids, try and decide ahead of time what your proximity will be - and leave the other lens at home.