Owner of Canon Powershot SD850 IS???

Cameras & Camcorders

Cameras & Camcorders
Share photo and video tips, discuss the latest gear and accessories

Owner of Canon Powershot SD850 IS???

• I just purchased the above digital camera recently.  While using it I noticed that the camera gets warm.  I just wondering if this is normal, is your SD 850 IS gets warm too while using?  Or do I have a defective battery?  I need your input/help please.  Thank you.
  • Which part of the camera is getting warm?  Just the battery box or is the entire unit getting warm?  Also, is it too hot to handle?

There will always be a little heat generation with electronics just based on the electicity passing through the circuitry.  So a warm battery is normal, but a hot battery is not. 

Currently working on my MBA program.  I hope to return sometime in December 2010. 

• Thanks for quick reply. Not the whole unit is getting warm but half of the camera (battery side).  No, its not hot to handle, but enoug to notice its hotter than my older digital camera.

srothfuss:

Which part of the camera is getting warm?  Just the battery box or is the entire unit getting warm?  Also, is it too hot to handle?

There will always be a little heat generation with electronics just based on the electicity passing through the circuitry.  So a warm battery is normal, but a hot battery is not. 

• That sounds normal for the operation of the battery then.  My old coolpix and now my Rebel XTi both get kind of warm when I use them.  It also never helped that the battery was usually where the hand grip is.

Currently working on my MBA program.  I hope to return sometime in December 2010. 

• A web search will lead you to some photog forums where others ask the same thing.  Everyone tells them not to worry, so I wouldn't.