Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

CF memory card for digital Rebel

Cameras & Camcorders

Cameras & Camcorders
Share photo and video tips, discuss the latest gear and accessories

CF memory card for digital Rebel

• I am using a Canon digital Rebel and it uses the CF memory cards.  All of my other electronics take the SD memory cards.  There are adapters out there for SD and SD mini cards.  Does anyone know if I can find a CF adapter for a SD memory card so that one of my larger SD cards can work with the Rebel?  Thanks so much for any and all advice.
  • I don't see why it wouldn't work.  But then again, that converter needs power from something so I am cautious to say it will work without damamging anything.  Because that's the last thing I'd want to see happen.  So I'll post this question for one of the CF advisors to chew on and see what the experts can offer.   

Currently working on my MBA program.  I hope to return sometime in December 2010. 

• An adapter could work, and Amazon has them for as little as $20 (brand I hadn't heard of). My guess is you wouldn't put your camera at risk, but some of the reviews for the adapter indicated there were compatibility issues with various SD and SDHC cards. If you're like me, you probably have a pretty varied card collection by now.

A new CF card costs the same - we've got a 133x (pretty fast) 1GB card for $20, and you will never have any compatibility issues. I'd go with a CF card, personally.

• Hello abarnjw and welcome to the Crutchfield forums.

Unfortunately we don't offer this adapter, however, they are pretty easy to locate and work well. There really isn't anything special about this adapter. It is simply a CF housing with an SD card slot. Since I have never used this adapter before, I can't recommend a brand. I suggest just doing a Google search to locate a vendor.

Hope this helps!

[edited by: Lucy at 5:47 PM (GMT -5) on Wed, Aug 13 2008]