Will old Canon EOS lenses work on the new digital Rebel?

Cameras & Camcorders

Cameras & Camcorders
Share photo and video tips, discuss the latest gear and accessories

Will old Canon EOS lenses work on the new digital Rebel?

• I have an old Canon EOS 650 and am thinking of buying a new digital Rebel. Does anyone know if the auto focus lenses from my old 650 will work on the new Rebel?
  • Welcome to the site mayo.  All of the Cannon EF and EF-S lenses that you already own will work on the EOS digital line of cameras from Cannon.

Good luck!

Currently working on my MBA program.  I hope to return sometime in December 2010. 

• Thanks srothfuss. I thought they might, but wanted to be sure. Are you fairly knowledgeable about these types of cameras?
    I was also looking at the Nikon D-40 and was wondering which would be the better choice between that and the Canon.
    Having a couple of old lenses from my EOS 650 makes me lean toward the Canon, but if the Nikon is better I might get it.

• While I am no expert in DSLR - I can offer you some assitance in your research for your next camera.  I created a thread a few months ago about buying a new DSLR.  You can view that here and then you should really read all of the articles from DLP Review for each camera that you consider.

I love my Cannon XTi

Currently working on my MBA program.  I hope to return sometime in December 2010.