Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Lenses for Canon HV 40

Cameras & Camcorders

Cameras & Camcorders
Share photo and video tips, discuss the latest gear and accessories

Lenses for Canon HV 40

This question is answered

I recently have gotten into filming bmx and mountain biking.  I was just wondering about what type of lens I should get for my camera. I want a lens that will get me closer to the action and will enable me to ride behind the person I am filming.  I have looked at the Opteka platinum series 43 mm 0.3x HD Ultra Fisheye Lens. I am really uncertain about what type of lens I should get for filming riding. It would be awesome if you guys could give me suggestions for what type of lens would be good for me. http://vimeo.com/5220649 This is the type of filming that I would like to get into for an example. Thanks!! 

Verified Answer
  • If you are trying to get closer to an object you are filming, you'll want a zoom lens attachment. The higher the magnification number, the closer you will get. For example, a 4x lens will get you twice as close as a 2x lens will. A fisheye lens is not designed to do this, but instead it delivers a fisheye effect.

www.crutchfield.com/Malcolm
All Replies
  • If you are trying to get closer to an object you are filming, you'll want a zoom lens attachment. The higher the magnification number, the closer you will get. For example, a 4x lens will get you twice as close as a 2x lens will. A fisheye lens is not designed to do this, but instead it delivers a fisheye effect.

www.crutchfield.com/Malcolm