Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

How to make high quality DVDs.

Cameras & Camcorders

Cameras & Camcorders
Share photo and video tips, discuss the latest gear and accessories

How to make high quality DVDs.

This question is answered

Can't  make high quality DVDs with Windows Live Movie maker.

Just got my Canon Vixia HF S200 camcorder and I'm trying out the Windows LM Maker with photos, instead of video.

The video I put together plays beautifully in the preview but, when playing on my 42" HDTV, looks terrible.

Any Ideas?

Verified Answer
  • I've never used Windows Live Movie Maker, but it sounds to me like the resolution of the pictures is a lower one. In a smaller preview window they will look ok, but when you blow them up to be displayed on the 42" TV, they are going to be poor.

Make sure that you are taking pictures using the highest possible resolution and make sure you have your DVD software set to give you the highest resolution possible when it makes the DVD.

Shawn

All Replies
  • I've never used Windows Live Movie Maker, but it sounds to me like the resolution of the pictures is a lower one. In a smaller preview window they will look ok, but when you blow them up to be displayed on the 42" TV, they are going to be poor.

Make sure that you are taking pictures using the highest possible resolution and make sure you have your DVD software set to give you the highest resolution possible when it makes the DVD.

Shawn

• Which video editing software do you recommend for an ambitious beginner?

If I record at highest definition with my camcorder will it improve the quality of my standard def DVD?

thanks for the reply.

[edited by: rcalzadilla at 10:09 AM (GMT -5) on Tue, Mar 15 2011]
  • It depends on the max resolution of the camcorder.

If you were previously below the resolution of standard DVD (which it sounds like), it would help.  If you were above that before, it won't make a difference.

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• rcalzadilla
    Which video editing software do you recommend for an ambitious beginner?

I use Avidimux. It's powerful, relatively easy to use, cross-platform (works on Windows, Mac and Linux), free (as in speech) and free (as in beer).

RESIma