Need advice

• Hey all, i am thinking of getting a camcorder. Right now the only plans I have for it are to video the outdoor mud bog and monster trucks in Vermont. Which is better, one with internal memory, one with memory cards and do they still have ones with mini cd's? I would also like a good zoom and possibly a built in light. Any recomendations? budget between $ 200-300.maybe can go slightly higher.Thanks.
    2000 Toyota Corolla Eclipse 5415 4 Polk Audio DB651 Crunch P1400.4 Need More POWER! Need More BASS!
  • I would stay the type of memory used will still largely depend on your plans footage you get. If you plan on doing any editing, then the MiniDV tape based camcorders will be the best as they apply the least amount of compression to the footage. If you will not be editing or at least very little editing, then Canon offers the FS100 Flash Memory Camcorder that is one of the few to offer a built-in video light. It is a flash memory camcorder that uses SDHC memory cards. HTH!

Anyone have other suggestions?

http://www.crutchfield.com/bio/Paul

• Thanks for answering, I am unsure of any editing needs but now I have a starting point to research.
    2000 Toyota Corolla Eclipse 5415 4 Polk Audio DB651 Crunch P1400.4 Need More POWER! Need More BASS!