Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

I got all this stuff, not sure if its right....

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

I got all this stuff, not sure if its right....

• Already in my car is a Pioneer head unit.

I just got a great deal on two MTX Thunder 4500's in a box, and got a Kicker ZX300.1 amp.

Now I am wondering if that will all work together? And what kind of wire do i need?

[edited by: J P at 4:05 PM (GMT -5) on Sat, Apr 16 2011] Changed to discussion.
  • It will work fine, the subs will have 150 watts RMS each, wired as the diagram below. The amp will see a 2 ohm load.

GLH Geeked

• cool, i wasn't too sure about it, I thought maybe the amp wouldn't be able to handle it. But thanks

• or should i just hook up the one sub?

• Aren't there 2 - 4 ohm subs in the box ? Wired together like the diagram, they present a 2 ohm load to the amp. The amp outputs 300 watts RMS @ 2 ohms. Those subs handle around 300 watts RMS each. You will have some headroom with your amp gain, but they should do great, especially 40-100 hz.

GLH Geeked

• Almost forgot. You need a 4 gauge amp wiring kit.

GLH Geeked

• Yes, they are in a box. But its two separte boxes, I got them in a sledge hammer box. I was just wondering go with the 1 or both? Probably the two, I was just wondering about it.

I really appreciate your help with sorting this out for me. But if Im not mistaken, isn't the Kicker ZX 300.1 supposed to take 8 gauge wire? I was reading up on it, and on Kicker's site it says 8Gauge.

Also, once I pick up the 8gauge wiring kit, do i still have to buy wiring for my subwoofers to hook them up together as in the diagram?  What gauge is that?

[edited by: iceman11 at 5:49 PM (GMT -5) on Sun, Apr 10 2011]
  • Yep. 8 gauge kit is fine.

If you bought the box with the subs installed, they should already be wired together inside correctly.

GLH Geeked

• You need to know what subs you have.  I'm pretty sure MTX makes Thunder 4500's in both single voice coil (SVC) and dual voice coil (DVC) 4-ohm models.

Doesn't make a tremendous difference, but SVC-4-ohm would be about ideal and DVC-4-ohm would get about 50-60% of rated power.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs