Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

amp keeps blowing fuses on itself-it has been replaced 3 times by manufacturer...help!

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

amp keeps blowing fuses on itself-it has been replaced 3 times by manufacturer...help!

• i have a bazooka maa-1500 marine amp installed in my jeep wrangler.  the amp worked fine for about a year then it started blowing the fuses on the block of the amp. so i sent it back to bazooka and they replaced it.  i have done this 3 times in the past month now and it still happens after about 3 days of use. it sounds good when i get it but then the fuses blow.  at this point i figure its a wiring problem in the jeep since i've had 4 of these amps and they all do the same thing.  i have it hooked to 2 10" 8 ohm rockford subs.  i have replaced the battery wire the remote wire and the rca's with no help! what could be causing this????

[edited by: Ryan at 5:19 PM (GMT -5) on Wed, Mar 28 2012]
  • Is there an inline fuse within 18 inches of the battery in the power cable ?

GLH Geeked

• Is the wiring from the amp to the speakers or subwoofer intact, or could it be shorting out on something?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• It does have a fuse in the hood near the battery..not sure about the subs how would I check for a short there?

• Basically you'd just be looking at the wiring between the amp and the subs for any loose connections or any nicks in the insulation where the wiring could short-circuit.

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• It's likely a bare wire causing a short or a poor connection at the battery.  Have you cleaned the battery posts, to ensure they are free of any corrosion?  Also, check where the wire penetrated the firewall, as in some cases after being installed, the power wire's jacket can be cut , especially if a bushing isn't used. 

Another option is to ensure you have properly grounded the amplifier. 

Anyone else have an option or idea?