Installing LOC - I need help

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

Installing LOC - I need help

This question is not answered

(sorry if this is in the wrong area, im new here) I wanted to add a amp and sub into my 2016 Ford Focus SE Hatchback, and Im keeping the stock radio and i am going to just add the LOC for the RCA cables, And i planned to add the LOC either right behind the head unit / radio or behind the glove box. My issue is, that I don't know what wires are the +/- Front left/right. I have searched all over for a diagram or something. I found one for a 2015 focus and it says to use the white wires from the wire harness, but mine doesn't have white ones, just pink tinted ones. i don't want to cut the wrong wires and mess something up. Let me know if you need pictures of the wire harness or whatever, I will go take about the radio and get pictures if need be. thanks for the help!

All Replies
  • I know this is a question about wires but you will need to use an Audiocontrol unit or any other line output convertor that does not introduce noise into the system and cancels the stock system EQ. In your Focus, the louder the volume is turned up, the more the bass is attenuated down. The Audiocontrol unit makes up for that and also does not introduce noise into the system like a simple LOC will.

www.crutchfield.com/.../AudioControl-LC2iB-Black.html

GLH Geeked

• Also, you would be better off to sum all 4 speaker outputs together so you have all the audio info.

GLH Geeked

• Copy/paste from the12volt.com -

Left Front Speaker (+/-)     white - WHITE/ brown     +,-     radio, black 24 pin plug, pins 22 - 10

On models with amplifiier, the speaker wires are white - WHITE/ brown (woofer); PURPLE / orange - yellow/orange (tweeter) at the amplifier in LF cargo floor, gray 16 pin plug, pins 2 - 10; 3 - 11.

Right Front Speaker (+/-)     WHITE/ purple - WHITE/ orange     +,-     radio, black 24 pin plug, pins 23 - 11

On models with amplifiier, the speaker wires are WHITE/ purple - WHITE/ orange (woofer); GREEN/ orange - gray/orange (tweeter) at the amplifier in LF cargo floor, gray 16 pin plug, pins 6 - 14; 7 - 15.

Left Rear Speaker (+/-)     WHITE/ green or BROWN / green - BROWN / yellow     +,-     radio, black 24 pin plug, pins 21 - 9

On models with amplifiier, the speaker wires are WHITE/ green - BROWN / yellow at the amplifier in LF cargo floor, gray 16 pin plug, pins 4 - 12.

Right Rear Speaker (+/-)     BROWN / white - BROWN / blue     +,-     radio, black 24 pin plug, pins 24 - 12

On models with amplifiier, the speaker wires are BROWN / white - BROWN / blue at the amplifier in LF cargo floor, gray 16 pin plug, pins 8 - 16.

GLH Geeked