Amp is on but no sound

This question is not answered

I have a green light on my amp which i know its on however no sound. I will be taking out my headunit and trying different rcas just to figure out if it is that. It was all working until it just stopped working. I have a feeling its the rcas because they look cheap and i forgot where i got them. It also could be the amp from what i have been reading.

All Replies
  • If you have a 3.5mm to RCA adapter, you can try an alternate audio source.

No idea where the amp is grounded and how, but often, a poor ground can prevent an amplifier from powering up, yet is sufficient for the LED to illuminate (Giving off a false indication that the amp is powered up).

Some amplifiers only need a remote turn-on lead and ground for the light to illuminate, which the ground can be enough through RCA cables coming from the HU.  So maybe it's not getting enough amperage/voltage/power on the power wire to the amplifier.

Could be a number of possibilities.

In the end, what I'm saying is that light is not 100% trustworthy when it comes to knowing an amplifier is powering up properly.

I'd try an alternate audio source first, if you have a 3.5mm to RCA adapter.