Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Rear deck speakers

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

Rear deck speakers

This question is answered

Ok I have a 2002 mustang so I'm kinda limited on space for extra speakers and I was wondering how well a sealed box under the deck with the speakers facing where te speakers are now? Any help is very appreciated.

Verified Answer
  • Not really my area, but ...

If you are going for 6.5-inch or 8-inch subwoofer drivers, you can probably make it work, but you might need to strengthen the rear shelf for proper support and rattle control.

If you are looking for larger subwoofers, you will probably need a dedicated box in the trunk.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Thanks for the help guys but im not planning on doing this anymore

All Replies
  • I might be mis-reading your post, but if you have limited space for rear-deck speakers to begin with, I doubt you'll have space for a sealed box under the deck.

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Yes I mean I am limited to space in my trunk so I would like to put them in the deck, the stock Mach 460 systemhas a plastic box there that I would remove

• Not really my area, but ...

If you are going for 6.5-inch or 8-inch subwoofer drivers, you can probably make it work, but you might need to strengthen the rear shelf for proper support and rattle control.

If you are looking for larger subwoofers, you will probably need a dedicated box in the trunk.

Hope This Helps!!!

•  I just was wondering if the idea would work or not but thats the size i was planning on going with,  how would you recommend strengthening the deck and preventing ratteling?

J RO what was your reasoning for it working or not?

• Thanks for the help guys but im not planning on doing this anymore