Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS stereo

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS stereo

• Hi,

I have a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS (2.4L engine with standard audio system).  I would like to replace the stereo with a new stereo (hopefully MUCH better) but which fits nicely where the current stereo does.  I don't want it to look "odd" or out of place but very nice like the rest of the interior (brand new car).  Just looking for great sound and basic features (ipod player, no bluetooth or navigation needed but ok if it has it)

Does anyone have a suggestion as to a great stereo to install?  Has anyone installed a great aftermarket stereo in a 2010 or 2011 Chevrolet Equinox (I believe factory stereos are the same in both)?

Thanks for your suggestions!

[edited by: Ryan at 7:20 PM (GMT -5) on Mon, Jul 11 2011]
  • There isn't an EASY way to do it, that I know of.

Metra does make a kit for the Equinox - which is about $200 - but it mounts the new HU under the current location and leaves the non-functional radio installed (from what I can tell).

Not a very integrated look - the good news is most any Double-Din radio should fit and blend in well with the dash - if you can get over the placement location.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• A Double DIN radio is going to give you the closest "factory" look. Single DIN's have to use something to fill the rest of the opening and just don't look as stock though I don't think they necessarily look bad either.

Shawn

• Shawn - not sure if you followed my link or not.  The Metra kit in this case installs the radio below the stock location with the stock radio knobs and CD slot still in place.  Nothing short of custom is going to really look "integrated" in this car - not that they will look horrible, but ...

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs