Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

JVC KDX-50BT or Pioneer DEH-6400BT?

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

JVC KDX-50BT or Pioneer DEH-6400BT?

This question is answered

If you had to choose only between JVC KDX-50BT or Pioneer DEH-6400BT, which would be the better option?

I'm looking for good and reliable Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming, USB and aux ports as options for my Android phone (and an old Zune), and maybe with enough power for a speaker upgrade and an amp (although I don't know anything about choosing speakers). I don't really care about whether it can play CDs.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can share!

Verified Answer
  • Thanks to everyone for the advice! It does seem like the head units have a lot in common. I think I'll choose JVC for the better Android compatibility. I'm really looking forward to listening to Pandora in my car! I wish more companies would make Android-friendly products, but they seem to busy catering to the Apple crowds.

All Replies
  • What make and model vehicle is the new head going in ?

The power from the head doesn't matter for connecting to an outboard amp. If you choose to not use an outboard amp, we can recommend speakers that will work well with the lower power from the head, but we need to know the vehicle.

GLH Geeked

• Thanks for the reply. I'm replacing the factory head in a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. It has a factory component speaker setup too.

I didn't realize how expensive amps and subwoofers cost, so I'm hoping I could be satisfied with either head and some decent speakers.

• New head and speakers are gonna be a huge upgrade from stock in that vehicle, as long as you be sure and bypass the factory amp and/or crossovers.

Does your Sante Fe have the Infinity system and/or a factory subwoofer ?

[edited by: GLH at 12:46 AM (GMT -5) on Mon, Mar 26 2012]

GLH Geeked

• Might look these over -

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/CompareTo.aspx?compareItems=01|158BT3000P&compareItems=01|113BT652U&compareItems=01|158BT4000P&compareItems=01|113BT752HD&compareItems=01|500HD137BT&compareItems=01|113KDCX796&compareItems=01|113BT852HD&compareItems=01|113KDCX896&compareItems=01|113BT952HD&g=300

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/CompareTo.aspx?compareItems=01|113KDCX996&compareItems=01|113KIV901B&compareItems=01|130SPDA100&g=300

They get a tad expensive when you start adding on smartphone compatibility.

GLH Geeked

• Those are VERY comparable.

I don't use BT, but I think Pioneer has a little better mic and call quality.

JVC has better Android support.

For USB, I prefer rear ports, and the JVC has that, although you lose one port (front or rear) if you use BT with it.

You need a dash kit and wire harness with the JVC and it's included with the Pioneer, so the price ends up pretty close also.

Tough call here, but either one is a good choice.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• I think you'll be happy with either of the units you've picked.

It's nice to see more manufacturers making head units with full Android support. I have a Sony S310BTX (upgraded from a S300BTX that would stream over Bluetooth, but couldn't control pandora from the head unit). I use mine with a Motorola Droid Pro; The HU connects to the phone within seconds of starting the car, and Pandora is ready to roll. Since Pandora runs in the background (even when you're not using the app) it is always ready to use. I don't even have to touch my phone at all (the program launches as soon as the HU tells it to).

Good luck and enjoy your new system. Big Smile

[edited by: CoolCat at 6:22 PM (GMT -5) on Mon, Mar 26 2012]
  • Unfortunately I don't have the Infinity speakers that comes with the premium package. Thanks for the recommendations. I wish I had enough money to buy any of those Excelons! My budget is pretty small.

• Thanks to everyone for the advice! It does seem like the head units have a lot in common. I think I'll choose JVC for the better Android compatibility. I'm really looking forward to listening to Pandora in my car! I wish more companies would make Android-friendly products, but they seem to busy catering to the Apple crowds.

• Markoza138

I'm really looking forward to listening to Pandora in my car! I wish more companies would make Android-friendly products, but they seem to busy catering to the Apple crowds.

Yes they do, but that's changing as android phones become more and more popular. When I bought my S300BTX it was one of only [2?] HUs that could stream audio over bluetooth from an Android phone; and when I bought my S310BTX it was the only HU on the market that allowed you to control Pandora from the HU itself with an Android phone. There are more choices now than ever before and I can only see it getting better from here.