Jvc receiver doesn't turn on

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

Jvc receiver doesn't turn on

This question is not answered

I have a jvc ar880 car stereo  installed in my 2007 Passat. It's been installed since about 2010 and all has been working great. Suddenly, this morning it won't turn on when I start the car. Therefore, I guess I am gonna have to diagnose the issue.

One simple thing I plan to do is pull the head unit out and swap it back with the factory radio. If this factory radio works, then I would think something is going on with the main jvc head unit

The only other issue I am thinking of checking is the car's fuse for the radio. Any other suggestions on how to diagnose this power issue and/or what may be going on here?

JVC KD-AR880 w/ JVC-SIR1 SIRIUS radio tuner, KS-BTA200 bluetooth adapter, CH-X1500 12-disc changer, full PAC steering wheel controls, Polk db6500 (front component) & db650 (rear) speakers. A Profile AP1040 Amp to make it all Rock

All Replies
  • Should also be a fuse on back of the headunit.

GLH Geeked

• Well, it looks like it was an easy fix. Pulled the JVC head unit and for some reason, its fuse was slightly loose. Pushed it in and WALLAAA!!   All is good again

JVC KD-AR880 w/ JVC-SIR1 SIRIUS radio tuner, KS-BTA200 bluetooth adapter, CH-X1500 12-disc changer, full PAC steering wheel controls, Polk db6500 (front component) & db650 (rear) speakers. A Profile AP1040 Amp to make it all Rock

• You're welcome.

GLH Geeked