60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

XHD6430 - great for one week - not powering on

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

XHD6430 - great for one week - not powering on

This question is answered

Hi,

I have a dual XHD6430 installed in my 99 Corolla.  Installed it 1 week ago and it has been just great.  I have pretty simple needs, no woofer, no custom speakers, but I just love the iPod connectivity.  

Was using it today, both iPod and HD radio.  Went out for dinner with friends, took the face off, put the face back on after dinner.  Great.  At some point we stopped at a store and the radio would not turn back on.   Power button on receiver face is RED.

Also the faux security light no longer comes on when car is turned off and face is removed.   If I put the face back on and push power --- just one little bar flickers on the LCD and nothing else.

What is up?

Verified Answer
  • OK -- well I have a pretty fast update on the situation.     I went down to the car again, popped the face off and then pressed the reset button on the body of the receiver.   I put the face back on and well....it works.

What do you think could have happened?

All Replies
  • OK -- well I have a pretty fast update on the situation.     I went down to the car again, popped the face off and then pressed the reset button on the body of the receiver.   I put the face back on and well....it works.

• callawaykid

Hard to say ...  I've had to reset my JVC once.  (I've had to turn it off and unplug the USB drive turn it back on and plug it in to get it to recognize the drive was connected 3 or 4 times (in about 2 years).

At $70 - it's not the greatest quality radio, but reviews have been pretty positive.  I don't think I'd worry about it unless it happens fairly often.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Same thing happened to my Son's XHD6430 as well as others that we found on the internet. Maybe Crutchfield could contact Dual and see what they have to say.

• I just wanted to give a reply here -- I realize its been a few months -- but thanks for your feedback.

I haven't had any of those initial problems -- but there have been two instances since installation where my XHD6430 just wouldn't turn on anymore.  I took a pen or small screw driver and pressed the reset button and its fine.  Except I have to reprogram my radio stations again.

The only other issue I've noticed is --- occasionally FM stations seem to get "stuck".  I will have to either Go back to AM / or press a different FM station or turn the radio off to get back to the FM station that I want.