Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

what is better. T2 or P3?

This question is answered

just wanting to know because im thinking about gettting one of them

i will being running it on a 1800watt kenwood KAC-9105D amp

RMSx900 watts

Verified Answer
  • just gonna chime in and say i really like the P3.  power handling is about right but not over the top, sq is good, and it works well in a variety of enclosures.  the T2 is also good, but the more extreme power handling is a turn-off for me, since i don't want that much bass anyway (you and i may not be in the same club here).  a single P3 would do my bass needs just fine, but most power i've ever given to my personal subs is 1000 watts.  if that's not enough, than maybe NAMOSH would be better able to help you (he's more into SPL, i'm more into SQ... tho i DO like SPL and no doubt NAMOSH likes SQ.  we're both sub guys, just opposite extremes of the spectrum). 

i can DO an SPL system, but i don't prefer it, personally.  they're hard to live with on a day-to-day basis (take up tons of room, use bundles of power that usually requires pricey charging system upgrades, and they annoy my grammy... love ya grams!).   so if you really wanna go over the top, the T2 is probably the better pick.  it just knocks you inside out.  the P3 is very good to listen to, but no way it's gonna beat a T2 (maybe a pair of P3's could, tho, and sound nice to boot!).

• You know the story of Goldilocks and the three bears?

If you are running 900rms, the P3 would be overpowered....The T2 would be underpowered....The T1 would be juuuustt right!

Cool

All Replies
  • or is a type R better than both

• T2 is 1200W RMS vs. 600W - not really in the same class - unless you are asking about one T2 vs. two of the other subs.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• just gonna chime in and say i really like the P3.  power handling is about right but not over the top, sq is good, and it works well in a variety of enclosures.  the T2 is also good, but the more extreme power handling is a turn-off for me, since i don't want that much bass anyway (you and i may not be in the same club here).  a single P3 would do my bass needs just fine, but most power i've ever given to my personal subs is 1000 watts.  if that's not enough, than maybe NAMOSH would be better able to help you (he's more into SPL, i'm more into SQ... tho i DO like SPL and no doubt NAMOSH likes SQ.  we're both sub guys, just opposite extremes of the spectrum). 

i can DO an SPL system, but i don't prefer it, personally.  they're hard to live with on a day-to-day basis (take up tons of room, use bundles of power that usually requires pricey charging system upgrades, and they annoy my grammy... love ya grams!).   so if you really wanna go over the top, the T2 is probably the better pick.  it just knocks you inside out.  the P3 is very good to listen to, but no way it's gonna beat a T2 (maybe a pair of P3's could, tho, and sound nice to boot!).

• You know the story of Goldilocks and the three bears?

If you are running 900rms, the P3 would be overpowered....The T2 would be underpowered....The T1 would be juuuustt right!

Cool

• Okay so since no one asked what kind of music do you listen to? I prefer the T2 over the P3 mostly because of how much power it can handle. I like it when things go boom lol. I really like the Alpine Type R though but again you would be really over powering it. Do you plan to get just one or two subs? Have you looked at JL? I like this. It would be over powered with that amp but if you get two of them it would sound great. They even have a box with two built in although CF doesn't sell it (get on that CF come on lol). When it comes to boxes JL really knew what they were doing with the HO line-up. All of those boxes sound amazing and can really hit hard. Soundsteam also has some really nice subs that sound great and really pack a punch. There SPLX and T7 line are both really good. But CF doesn't carry those either so you will have to look around. If you wanna add me as a friend and PM me I can shoot you a link where you can find them.

GMC Sonoma, JVC KD-A95BT, 2 Pioneer TS-D601P in doors, 2 Pioneer TS-G4644R in dash, 2 JL W3v2-D2 10 inch subs, Lightning Audio B4.250.2, Soundstream TX1.1300D

• ok i listen to rap/ hip hop. also i have not looked at Jl et, what do you suggest for jl?

• sheldonnn
    what do you suggest for jl?

how much power are you running or planning to run?  JL anything is good...  maybe a local place will let you audition them?

• I agree with J Ro anything JL is great. I prefer anything from their W3 line and up. The boxes I linked are some of the best they offer (in that design at least). The W6/7's are even more badBig Smiless in that lineup but are a little to pricey for my blood.

GMC Sonoma, JVC KD-A95BT, 2 Pioneer TS-D601P in doors, 2 Pioneer TS-G4644R in dash, 2 JL W3v2-D2 10 inch subs, Lightning Audio B4.250.2, Soundstream TX1.1300D

• BIG teddy
    The W6/7's are even more badBig Smiless in that lineup but are a little to pricey for my blood.

can't disagree here... i like to be the under dog so a pair of ported 8W3's that sound like a 12W7 puts an even bigger smile on my face (mainly due to the savings, but most JL stuff sounds better than similarly priced competitors... not the loudest perhaps, but definitely loud).  everyone (well, everyone who knows me) knows i have a 12W7, and when i finalized the EBS enclosure for the 2 8W3's, i went around to all my stereo friends and let them guess what was back there without peeking... everyone of them thought it was the 12W7 in a sealed box!  "no friggin way" was the most common response when they saw the subs.