2015 Ford Focus, Adding a Powered Sub

This question is answered

I want to add a Sound Ordnance B-8P to a factory 2015 Ford Focus Se Hatchback, 6 speaker system without Sony.

Is it possible to do so?

The sound is pretty decent with the factory and all I really want is to add bass.

Verified Answer
  • It is possible but with the factory stereo, the louder the volume is turned up, the 'quieter' the bass gets. (attenuation) So you need an Audiocontrol to splice into the factory speaker wires and go between the factory system and the sub amp. this takes the factory EQ out of the equation for the sub amp. Also, I recommend putting 150 hz bassblockers on the factory speakers. You will need to find the max clean volume of the factory headunit, set the gain on the Audiocontrol unit first, then set the gain on the sub amp.

GLH Geeked

All Replies
  • It is possible but with the factory stereo, the louder the volume is turned up, the 'quieter' the bass gets. (attenuation) So you need an Audiocontrol to splice into the factory speaker wires and go between the factory system and the sub amp. this takes the factory EQ out of the equation for the sub amp. Also, I recommend putting 150 hz bassblockers on the factory speakers. You will need to find the max clean volume of the factory headunit, set the gain on the Audiocontrol unit first, then set the gain on the sub amp.

GLH Geeked