Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Sub Box problem...

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

Sub Box problem...

• I have a 10" sub and I need a box that will fit under my seat... A 12" deep space with 6" from the seat to the floor narrowing down to 3" as it gets deeper... I want it to fit perfectly under the seat without having any of it stick out...
  • this would roughly give you .25 cubic feet of space on the inside, while using 1.5" mdf... this is not a very large box at all...  the best and possiably the cheapest is to build it your self or find some friends who have some knowhow when it comes to constrution tequnie.  what kind of sub are you using?

Havok Customs Owner/Operator "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are...but we are responsible for what we become."
  • Im not sure yet, Im going to find out on Wed. It's a freebie im getting off of my friends dad. its coming with a 200W amp. I heard it when he used it in his truck and it sounded great but he had WAY more room under his seat than I do... If you design boxes would you mind drawing up a design and sending it to me via email? I can build it if I have the specs.
  • i sure can...just get me you email
    Havok Customs Owner/Operator "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are...but we are responsible for what we become."
  • 1.5" MDF seems kinda big for a 10,  even if it was a beastly one.
    Kenwood X491, Epic 150 HO Alternator, 1/0 Gauge Big 3 Sony XM-4S, Hifonics BXi 2006D Clarion SRR1027, Infinity Reference 6022si 2 12" TC-2000's Sealed 1.0 cu per Only 140db w/music: work in progress
  • yeah that was a typo...i ment 1/2" 
  • jlconnor@sbcglobal.net i will post back with the mount depth as soon as I get it (Sunday)

[edited by: Pillar4Life at 8:22 PM (GMT -5) on Sat, May 26 2007]
  • The sub that came with the amp looks really crappy, so im going to get a Sony XS-L10S Shallow 10" 4-ohm sub to go with the 300W amp (the owner thought it was 200W) heres the link:

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=158XSL10S

it only takes 2-7/8" of mounting depth and Sony suggests an internal box volume of 0.57 cu. ft.

thanks again for being willing to design a sub box for me. I owe you one lol

thanks again,

Jordan C.

• Pillar4Life,

When you post your email address onto web forums such as these you run a higher risk of exposing your email address to a greater amount of spam email messages. In our forum software we have a feature called "PM" (or Private Message) that allows you to communicate with other members of this Community completely privately, alleviating this risk.  If you wish to remove your email address from a post that you made, you can easily edit the post and remove it. If you have any further questions or need any help, feel free to PM me or just post back.

1993 Honda Accord EX Coupe Pioneer DEH-P6900UB Polk db650's front (full range) Factory rear 6x9 (set in HU to run as midbass only) Sony XM-DS1300P5 sub amp Alpine 10" Type E in sealed enclosure
  • another option is to post the e-mail address in a way that forum members can make sense of it, but spambots will not - although I don't know that this is completely safe.  IOW:

Preferred - PM me for details and we can exchange E-mail addresses and discuss.

Probably okay - Send an e-mail to joe_dot_schmoe_at_email_dot_com and we can discuss.

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs