Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

kicker vs alpine

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

kicker vs alpine

• what do u think hits harder...kicker cvr's or alpine type e's cuz my fren just got two type e 1043's for his truck n im planning on installing two cvr12's...the  2001 version lol...

n also i know its a sub forum but on a side note...are maxxsonics noxx amps any good?

cuz the cvrs came wite a maxxsonics noxx PZN2250 and a kicker IX404...so im wonderin if theyd be enuf...i also hav a rockford 351m and a 301s already powerin my mids and two kicker c10s

2004 TJ Sport Pioneer DEH-P5800MP Hifonics Bxi-1208D Kicker ix-404 Custom sealed enclosure 2X kicker ks5250 2X kicker ks525 2X kicker ks460 2X kicker cvr 12s(2001)
  • You can't really tell which hits harder, because the cars will be different sizes, have different dampening effects, and you will have different sized boxes, maybe his is ported or sealed and yours is the opposite, and the size of the box makes a difference. Also the amount of power being used effects how hard they hit.

But, generally whichever sub has the largest RMS rating with the same powered amp as the subs RMS rating will hit harder. Whoever has the most power with the same sized sub will usually hit harder. 

Also, if hes using 10" type e subs, your 12" CVR subs will undoubtly hit harder, especially if you have more RMS watts and a box tuned for your sub. more surface area, more power, better tuning will hit harder a good percentage of the time.

I don't know about the amps, but what type of amps are the 2 amps that came with it? 2 channel? monoblock? whats the RMS rating on them @ 2 ohms? 4 ohms?

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2 Kenwood KFC-W3011 Subs Kenwood Excelon KAC-X1R 2400 peak amp Kenwood Excelon KDC-X491 reciever dual 12", dual vent enclosure; 3/4"MDF If it doesn't work... force it!

• wel the cvrs hav a higher rms

but he got a memphis amp from his fren...so idk wat the rating on that will be

n the maxxsonics is 2 channel at 150w X 2 at 4 ohms...n the kicker is multi channel at 40w X 4 at 4 ohms and 60w X 4 at 2 ohms

2004 TJ Sport Pioneer DEH-P5800MP Hifonics Bxi-1208D Kicker ix-404 Custom sealed enclosure 2X kicker ks5250 2X kicker ks525 2X kicker ks460 2X kicker cvr 12s(2001)
  • You want to stay away from 2 channel amps when your powering subs. you generally want a monoblock amp for pushing subs.

CVR's have a higher RMS, so you need to feed them that RMS to hit as hard and loud as possible. 

The memphis amp is probably a monoblock. If you wanna out-bump your friend, get an amp that matches your RMS ratings of the subs combined @ 2ohms.

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2 Kenwood KFC-W3011 Subs Kenwood Excelon KAC-X1R 2400 peak amp Kenwood Excelon KDC-X491 reciever dual 12", dual vent enclosure; 3/4"MDF If it doesn't work... force it!

• **** i was tryin to stay away from having to buy a new amp..

but ya ill look into it...ill see wat i can find

btw the reason y im so low on money is cuz im still in high school lol 

• Are your CVR's DVC-2-ohm or DVC-4-ohm?

I haven't heard on noxx, but Hifonics/maxxsonics make good amps.  (Memphis is pretty good for subwoofer amps, though).

You can always try it and see how it does.

HTH!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• azn671:
    btw the reason y im so low on money is cuz im still in high school lol 

Dude, same here. Good thing throughout jr. high I spent the whole time saving up to buy a car. I ended up getting one, so I spent the money on a new sound system.

That Maxxsonics amp I found puts out 125wRMSx2@4 ohms 200watts peak, or 450wRMSx1 Bridged @4ohms 1000wpeak. Not nearly enough for 2 cvr's. But, you could power some lower powered subs, or power one cvr@4 ohms.

Have you considered using that kicker 4 channel for your full range speakers? you can get some good sound with new door speakers and that amp.

You drive a TJ? if so... *Jeep Wave*Smile

• lol jeep wave back

wel i hav money saved up but it was jst saved up for watev so my dad is against me using it for things i specifically didnt save up for...so thats kinda lame

n im plannin on using the maxxsonics on jst one sub...but im not sure about using the kicker for the full range speakers cuz i already hav an RF 301s powering mine so idk if i sud jst use that for the other cvr or jst  stick wit the kicker.

• i havent found out yet whether or not theyr 2 or 4 ohm cuz they came in a bandpass box n i dont want to mess wit it n accidentally take sumtin off  that i sudnt

but ya im prolly gonna try em one on each sub

• azn671:
    i havent found out yet whether or not theyr 2 or 4 ohm cuz they came in a bandpass box n i dont want to mess wit it n accidentally take sumtin off  that i sudnt

but ya im prolly gonna try em one on each sub

Don't take this the wrong way - but ....

You don't want to maybe take a wire loose and have to put it back to find out what the impedance is, so you are just going to hook them up to the amps you have and hope for the best!

That's what I got from your reply, and it doesn't make sense to me.  If you can see anything on the subs when you take them out of the box, use some of the money you've saved (about $3) for a DMM and just measure the resistance of one of the voice coils.

HTH!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• I'd get a DMM and check. Always be safe man. you could always check and see through the terminals what they're wired to.

That RF amp you have puts out 350wRMS@2ohms. Not too shabby. also, is that 301s amp a 2 channel? you might be able to get better sound with the kicker if its higher powered.

I'd chance it. it'd be worth it in the end.

• X21:
    you could always check and see through the terminals what they're wired to.

Agreed, that gives you a quick check of how they are wired now, but won't tell you what the subs actually are (although you could figure that out pretty easily from it).

That RF amp you have puts out 350wRMS@2ohms.

It is rated at 350.  It likely puts out 400-430W (same for Kicker amps).

HTH!

• lol ok i ddnt mean id try em randomly...i meant that idk yet cuz i havent taken them out of the box yet...oh n i sud hav mentioned that im getting a new box lol ya sorry for the confusion

umm the 301s is also a two channel amp

n ya lol i tried one cvr on the 351m but it seemed like it peakd out wen i turned up the volume 

• quick question: wat wud happen if i run both in a ported box one at 4 ohm and the other 2 ohm
  • Are you saying using 2 different amps? also, if they are both the same OHM subs (dvc 4 ohm I'm guessing) you can only run the subs in 2 ohms or 8 ohms, or together @ 4 ohms. no seperate

if one is a 2 ohm svc sub and the other is a svc 4 ohm, and u used the same rated amps, one would get twice the power as the other.