Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Infinity reference 611a bridge?

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

Infinity reference 611a bridge?

This question is answered

I currently have this amp installed in my car, and in the manual it doesn't show how to bridge it. It has two channels.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-comNpqJEOPn/p_108R611A/Infinity-Reference-611a.html

Right now I have two JL 121v2's. I have them wired separately in the box but on the amp I connect them together in one channel. Is this making it a 2 ohm load? Or do I need to wire them together in the box and run it to the amp?

I'm just confused because I know most amps to bridge you have to use the far left negative and far right positive leaving two in the middle open? Maybe someone can  give me some insight on this.

Thanks.

Verified Answer
  • It is a mono amp and therefore non-bridgeable.

Not sure where you heard it was 2-channel, but their info was incorrect.

It does have two sets of speaker outputs wired together internally for convenience, but that doesn't make it a 2-channel amp.

UnknownKind
    I have them wired separately in the box but on the amp I connect them together in one channel. Is this making it a 2 ohm load?

Yes, if they are Single-Voice-Coil (SVC) -4-ohm speakers to begin with.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • It is a mono amp and therefore non-bridgeable.

Not sure where you heard it was 2-channel, but their info was incorrect.

It does have two sets of speaker outputs wired together internally for convenience, but that doesn't make it a 2-channel amp.

UnknownKind
    I have them wired separately in the box but on the amp I connect them together in one channel. Is this making it a 2 ohm load?

Yes, if they are Single-Voice-Coil (SVC) -4-ohm speakers to begin with.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs